Sign in to follow this  
Kaito-sama

NICO Touches the walls - Humania

Album_Humania_NICO_Touches_the_Walls.jpg

Honestly, my first exposure to these guys..lets see how it goes... :P

1.Heim - My gawd! can it be..? I like I slow track? This is a

really nice little intro to the album, and actually, I kinda

wish it were a full track. Doesnt leave me expecting whats next...

2. Shoutotsu - Solid first song, it starts out stong and doesnt let out for a minuet. Instead of sitting on top of the music, the vocals take complete control. Mix in a kick-ass solo, and you've got an all around good song. 8/10

3. Bicycle - When I first heard the PV for this, I wasn't a huge fan of it. After giving it a few listens, though, its actually pretty decent. Nice beat, good riffs..not bad. 7/10

4. Carousel - Not too sold on this one, has a bit of a weak start in my books. If most albums have a few "meh" songs, this is one of them. Not that catchy..not terrible I guess, but eh. 4/10

5. Kyokutou ID - Silly intro is silly, has a nice flowing feel to it. Maybe im just a sucker for playful songs, but I really like this one. Simple riffs and nice vocals, yep, checks out with me. 8/10

6. Endless Roll - At first I thought this would be another mediocre song, and for a while, it was. It attempts to save itself halfway through, but its just not enough to make me want to go back to it. Nothing particulary special. 5/10

7. Gyogyou - Love how this starts out, hard hitting and all. I think that, plus the vocals are what most attract me to this song. I think they should stick to this sound, its working for them. 8/10

8. Demon (Is there?) - For a ballad, this is actually pretty good. The solo brings it all together nicely. His voice is floaty and relaxing, pretty nice. 7/10

9. Te Wo Tatake - Another hard hitting song. If they keep pumping out stuff like this I may have to look more into them :P 7/10

10. Te Wo Tatake (NICO edition) - Undecided on which version I like more. Still, this isnt bad. 7/10

So..that was actually pretty damn good...considering ive never heard these guys before. If your new to these guys or not, id check this out. Its an interesting album.

Sign in to follow this