Sign in to follow this  
Manic

Bands, that you can NOT upload on youtube...

Ao and Ishii are quite anal about the cali≠gari stuff, somehow it really depends on the video but live dvds are out of the question, especially their new stuff.

I uploaded 2 comments of ViViD a long time ago when they were still indie and these are still there... so it's either about the type of the content or just luck ;p

Here's a few more.

ONE OK ROCK: Always deleted

coldrain: Always deleted

you sure for coldrain? i've seen people uploaded their videos/pvs since 2010, then their official youtube channel uploaded them but the rest remain on the web.

Awoi/アヲイ, always gets taken down. *own experience. my account got deleted.

IMO Japanese bands/companies should really consider embracing the K-pop model of online video distribution - though in the past 1-2 years I've felt a slight loosening of these strict no-share rules, some Japanese bands/companies uploading full PVs nowadays too.

Yea I know really! I live in Japan and hear from people/on news people bitching about korean music popularity in Japan. They're all secretly jealous how much its succeeding across Asia, and starting in other parts of the world while japanese music is only on decline in popularity and they wonder why. It's so inaccessible! Can't watch music videos on youtube is just absurd. I can understand not wanting their dvds, etc uploaded. Japanese music industry seems a lot more anti fan than other places. Korean artists have a much better marketing scheme for promotions.

SID's PVs mostly get taken down. Only their old stuff at DangerCrue are still up, but their later PVs (e.g. Rain, Itsuka) are all goooone :( (although there are still quite a number of live clips, ironically)

Sign in to follow this