Sign in to follow this  
Maiku

ANGELO - BABEL REVIEW

1. Love Story - Bass rolls in instantly followed by weirdly distorted guitars and Kirito's creepy singing a la Pierrot. Then when the chorus springs itself on you you'll feel an almost kind of motion sickness as his singing changes to a clangy hopeful croon. Weird song. Weird album opener. 2.3/5

2. Feather - AHAHAHA. Angelo doing Barairo no Sekai basically. Which means it's good. But you could just listen to Barairo no Sekai... 4/5

3. My Strife - Aside from the dumb title this song is actually rockin' as fuck. Hard rock styled vocals and distorted guitars. I'm having nostalgia attacks. It sounds like a modern Pierrot hard rock song. I'm in love with it. :'D Woah~oh~oh~! 4.5/5

4. THE TOWER OF BABEL - Awesome intro. 8D This is an Angelo song for sure. (I.e. Expansion of the sound from Pierrot's Heaven The Customizeable Landscape era.) It's actually pretty fucking awesome. It makes me wanna dance. "Kami wo nabikase~!" Bahaha. I love the chorus. Oooh nice little pleasant not overly screechy guitar solo. Favorite so far. 4.8/5

5. Kirisama hoo o nurashite - The Kirito fanboy in me wants to go "OMG so beautiful. Kirito's voice is like a flame flickering in za dark~!" but my jaded 21 year old brain just hears your standard Angelo/Pierrot/Kirito ballad. It's nice and easy on the ears. 3/5

6. Plosive - Where is the ex? Anyway. CREATURE TYPE #15.0. Just heard some Engrish. LOL. "NO WAY NO MOAR FEEL BLISTERZ?" LOL wut. The guitars are actually getting more awesome as the song goes on. Fast paced and awesome. I love it. Haha. "Kurikaeshi kuru saite~!" THEN COMES THIS FUNKY SOLO. HOLY FUCK AHAHA WHERE DID DAT COME FROM. xD LOL. Most awesome song on the album fo' sho so far. 4.9/5

7. White Fury - ... LOL DAT TITLE. Boring repetitive guitar intro and then some neat little synth shit comes in. xD Woah. Wait a minute. Weirdy whispering that actually sounds cool? So far it's not bad. Guitars sound cooler as the song goes on. Not bad. Just sounds like Pierrot. ;__; 2.7/5

8. DECESE - Uh what. Anyway. Song features Kirito's singing showcased by soft music in the background then it explodes into a more power ballad like song. "Mabayuku furisosogu~" I like this ballad better than Kirisama hoo o nurashite...

9. Gospel - PLEASE BE A GOSPEL STYLED SONG. LOL. Starts with some pretty piano playing. :] then it disappears and the guitars rush onto the suteeji~! Misleading title is misleading. I like it so far though. Nice beat, nice guitars, cool singing. OK. He's singing higher randomly and it sounds weird. LOL. what you doin? Cool singing returns. Yay. Kinda meh overall though. 2.5/5

10. Manic State High Pressure - Uh. So far... It sounds familiar. OH WAIT. SOUNDS LIKE PIERROT HEAVEN THE CUSTOMIZEABLE LANDSCAPE ALBUM. LOL. Not a bad song I guess. Pretty rad kind of. 4/5

11. Ruins - Neat guitar intro. I'm expecting a lot from this song cause of the cool title. Kirito sounds so coooool~. These new guitarists aren't that bad of a fit with them at alllll. I'm really happy with this album to be honest. Hahahaha. This song is neat. 4.1/5

BASICALLY THIS ALBUM IS HEAVEN THE CUSTOMIZEABLE LANDSCAPE 5.0.

I'm surprised this release went almost unnoticed here :(

I was quite bored and leeched all of angelo's albums yesterday;

this one is their best so far - on par with kirito's solo work and better than rebirth of unborn baby of whatever their debut LP was. (mechanical buttefly and design are both POS, why the hell did they even release that?)

It also has more variety than Kirito solo songs, that's good. I ended up skipping a few tracks, so the whole album is not perfect, not even close to.

Highlights - love story, my strife (gotta love nazi references in jrock ^___^), PLOSIVE, white fury - my fav. angelo track so far, decese and ruins.

everything else I kinda skipped;

good 7/10 overall; will be listening to again.

Yay~! Another review. Now I can discuss with other reviewer yes?

Totally unnoticed. The album was a lot better than anything they've done since forming this band. Angelo was a crippled PIERROT. Until now though. They got them Despadudes to beef them up musically. Ahaha. I'm interested in what comes next. Everything before was so bland and trying to be PIERROT with no Aiji. Love Story is such a weird song and I like it a lot better now. xD I love Plosive for it's funky-ness sooo much. xD I wish they had picked a better song for the PV.

Sign in to follow this