Sign in to follow this  
Ito

The Glitch Mob

The Glitch Mob

The+Glitch+Mob+bloodworth_lo_res_no_frame.jpg

Genres: Electronica, glitch hop, synthpop, industrial music

Los Angeles, United States (2006 – present)

The Glitch Mob is a three-piece electronic group from Los Angeles, California, composed of Ed Ma (Edit), Justin Boreta (Boreta) and Josh Mayer (Ooah). The group, originally a four-piece including Kraddy, was formed in 2006 within the burgeoning Los Angeles bass-driven ‘beat’ scene. The Glitch Mob made a name for themselves playing live, choosing to perform with laptops and MIDI controllers. They have won fans through showcasing their chosen technology during performance solos gaining attention in Los Angeles and San Francisco, eventually touring more widely along the West Coast and then to various festivals worldwide.

The group’s debut album, Drink The Sea, debuted on the iTunes Electronic Chart at number five and peaked on the CMJ Top 200 Chart for College Radio at #57. The album’s debut led Electronic Musician to run a cover story on the trio.

I have been hearing them far too often in a lot of the skate edits I watch and I really enjoy some of the stuff they have put out, so I decided to check out their latest album "Drink The Sea." There are a few weak songs, and maybe overall the songs are pretty similar to each other, but I think it is a really killer album. Some of the beats I just find myself grooving with.

Anyone else here a fan?

I was a big fan of edIT when he released his first solo album, titled 'Crying Over Pros For No Reason', and I got into the whole glitch-hop scene through him. Their mix 'Crush Mode' is really great and the album has some nice moments too - like 'Between Two Points' (I guess I like it so much because it reminds me of edIT's first solo album), or 'Drive Like You Stole It', but it lacks something that would make me say that it is _awesome_, so a solid release, but I expected a bit more from it. "We Can Make The World" stop was a bit better imho, sad, that their gig is on the same day as Roska's, so I won't see them. D:

Ok, I just listened to the album once and I found it a bit on the harsh side. It has so many just sharp highs that it started to bother my ears...Honestly didn't remind me of "Between Two Points" at all xD

Sign in to follow this