Sign in to follow this  
Kaye

A little bit of K-Rock with HLIN, Ninesin, and more

Earlier this week I did another editorial about Korean rock just because I think there's hardly any popular rock music in the "mainstream". I don't mind CNBLUE or FT Island at all, but they're not really "rock" in my eyes.

All the bands I've listed so far all write their own music and aren't "manufactured" as most popular groups in the country. I also post a variety of genres, seeing as I love different kinds of rock as well.

Don't really know who likes K-rock over here, but you never know :)

After compiling a list earlier this year, I noticed that it was impossible to give just 5 recommendations of decent rock music. Therefore, I put together another small list of noteworthy Korean rock artists, and noticed that the list itself continued to grow whenever I could come up with a new artist that was stuck in my library of music.

Today, however, I present you another 5 great rock bands whether it be metalcore, alternative rock, or indie music. HLIN, Mate, and Bye Bye Sea might make music that's a little bit in the same specific genre, but they all have their distinct styles, while metalcore group Ninesin will be releasing a new full album next week, and rockers Schizo managed to discover and create their own kind of rock, which I didn't manage to label, but was fittingly dubbed by some online reviewer as "Techno-Space Metal."

Full post with MVs and everything is over here, I'm too lazy to copy the full one here :P

The first editorial I wrote on K-rock can be found here. It features Guyz, Kim Sarang, Moon Heejun, Post-Hardcore band Pia and Metalcore band Vassline.

Another editorial was added last month! Feel free to check it out over here.

This time around won't be different, as I've compiled yet another list including five different rock bands for you to check out and get to know. Despite the Korean rock scene being essentially completely underground, resulting in very few bands ending up in the spotlight, it houses an incredible amount of talented bands, waiting for fans of rock music to be discovered.

We start this month's rock editorial with punk rock group Rocket Diary, who're planning to make their return to the rock scene. Following, we turn to Vanilla Unity, female fronted Cherry Filter, post-hardcore band GoldRush, and indie band The Finnn.

Added another one...

This time it's a complete SPOTLIGHT article on Moon Heejun, who is, in my opinion, really overlooked.

Over here!

iOb4Xh4YTYA

LGBpQUDNw94

Their indie scene is huge... their nu-metal groups, however, are awesome :P haha... Love them the most as well... And I'm trying to find even more but it's hard to get further into the scene if you're not actually living in Korea, or can't understand the language on their websites :s

Sign in to follow this