Sign in to follow this  
Augie1995

Royz- α [single] (2011.8.17)

Anyone heard this band and release? It's really good and I find them to be very promising band.

α- It starts off pretty cool, I am immediately grabbed by Subaru's vocals. The music in the background gives the song a certain "flavor" The chorus is nice, and it makes the song feel like something you can rock out to but it's also a very mellow song. There's a part that starts at 1:52 and the lead guitar sounds really sick which got the song some points. The breakdown was nice but I felt it wasn't as cool as the rest of the song has been for me. The ending riff is just freaking awesome. I give this song a 10/10 I'm going to be replaying this song many times.

JOKER- The drums start this song off and then followed by a pretty cool intro if i do say so myself. The guitars are cool and once Subaru begins singing I am once again grabbed by them, also the way that after he sings the first verses, what he sung is repeated in the background again. The chorus feels like it's the same style as "α" but it still does it for this song. Kazuki's solo is pretty awesome and I just love it when they add a little bit of tapping and it works! Then a bass solo by Koudai and he ends it with a slap, NICE! I thought my headphones were getting screwed up by the way it ended and the distorted noise put on the bass. I give this song a 10/10 as well. It's a great song by them, doesn't disappoint.

still- This song is a great slow type of song. It sounds very mellow and peaceful and i can imagine myself walking to this song or staring to the sky with it. His voice just doesn't stop impressing me for some reason. This band has very nice bridges and verses on the guitars and the little melodies they add in are great. Stuff I would like to be playing if I had tabs or more experience playing by ear. The bassline is noticeable in this song (didnt mention it before) and i like the way it sounds, it sort of amplifies the mood of the song for me when I actually pay attention to it. Kazuki's solo comes in very nicely and for some reason I get like ViViD feeling to the song from one of ViViD's slower tempo songs. I've never really liked songs that fade out cause it makes me think "No! Don't Go...." but this song leaves in a way that makes it more suitable than just finishing of with a last chord. BIG SURPRISE, i give this song a 10/10.

Honestly, this single completely got me and I love it. this single gets the big 10/10 and I get the feeling I am going to be listening to this single for quite sometime. At least until their new album comes out in November 30th

I gave that single a try too... but honestly I wasn't nearly touched, like Augie1995 ~

I think they are promsing too.. and I will follow them too...

but for now... I would give them a 5/10 ~ for the full single ~

keep it going Royz

[will edit my post again]

For some odd reason, I really like Royz.

The instrumentation is impressive and the vocalist just works with this band.

This band is just really promising.

After I heard AREA, I was won over by this band.

My only problem with the band is I can never get into the b-sides. The a-sides are great but the b-sides lack everything I enjoy about the title tracks.

As for the single, it's slightly different from their previous singles - from the "electro intro" to the "heavier guitar playing".

I swear this band could be a "poppier Rentrer en Soi" and they are going the same direction as them too. They started off playing soft and are now going into a heavier rock direction (minus the screaming).

If you can get past the typical "synth", it's really good.

α - 7/10 (I don't like the "rapping" but the whole song is fast, fun and catchy)

JOKER - 5/10

stills - 5/10

Sign in to follow this