Sign in to follow this  
ShanethVarosa

Lin - Independent Maze

Reviewing as I listen:

1. Cold Sabbath: Epic intro is epic, really didn't expect that, I was really impressed for just an intro. 9/10

2. From the End: A pretty cool track with minimal weirdness and maximum awesome. 10/10

3. Silent to My Pain: I never understood why this song had to be so fucking long, but I like it nonetheless. 9/10

4. Royal Blood: This one is kind of bland without many WOW moments. 7/10

5. Metamorphose: Another long ass single, but one I really loved as well. 9/10

6. As if Forever Exists: The original long ass single, beautiful composition, always loved it. 9/10

7. Continuation of Dream: I really don't like songs with even a hint of jazz influence in JRock music... They pull it off, but still. Eh. 6/10

8. Mind Confusion: This one is just kind of basic too, but Royal Blood had a bit more pizzaz. 6/10

9. Flowers Bloom: Not my favorite single, but a decent and solid track. 8/10

10. World in Flames: Really a very pretty mid-tempo song. I was expecting something with more power, but it's still nice. 9/10

11. Fall: Very VERY good bonus track, Riku's voice sounds more mature. 9/10

12. A.Hitlor: Okay... @ the title... Don't like the song either, just kind of a mess of noise. 5/10

13. Replicant Blue: Another mid-tempo ballad-esque song, enjoyable but no real power. 8/10

14. The Ins and Outs: Gotta say, very nice guitar work in this song. Impressive 9/10

Overall very very good debut album, made a permanent fan of me. 9/10 overall.

I couldn't even finish the album until I got bored and had to play something else. :|

I pretty much got up to Continuation of Dream (skipping stuff that was from already released singles) and I really don't like this faux jazzy ska VK style song so I tried Mind Confusion which didn't really feel like I would like. Next song was Flowers Bloom which is well another single song that I didn't like and I just said screw it and didn't bother with the rest.

I'll go back and try out the songs again but as it stands, not liking this album at all. I just don't like Lin.

Overall - 3/10

I simply love this album! For now, it's the best 2011 album so far. I am really satisfied with Lin, and I hope they will come back to their mini-hiatus even stronger than before. My favourite tracks were Fall... and Continuation of dream. I love also Cold Sabbath, it's an amazing intro, seriously... Gothic and melancholy. I am glad to have bought it, can't wait to receive my copy. I suggest everyone to try it at least because it's really interesting, and it's the first true FULL album made by a KISAKI's band, lol.

Overall: 9/10

^exactly. Lin actually released an album unlike Phantasmagoria.

I'm honestly mixed, as expected.

Of the singles I liked Metamorphose and As If Forever Exists, while the other singles had parts that irritated me. This continues that trend. Excluding A. Hitlor [come on, they even spell out H I T L E R], I felt the bonus discs to include the much more enjoyable songs.

Interesting intro though, and nice ending as well. Didn't like Mind confusion much, Royal Blood and From the End... I kind of liked both. While Continuation of dream felt awkward...

I'll probably continue giving them plenty of chances...

Above Average, probably.

Cold Sabbat: Very good intro, KISAKI's such compose is relly epic, but a little bit long, and impossible to understand RIKU's english 7/10

From The End...: One of my favorited, i thought from previews already 8/10

Silent To My Pain: already know, i love the background sound, but i think RIKU should make more scream at the end, i feel something is missing 9/10

Royal Blood: Little bit different cause it composed by KANATA, i dont know why but this song reminded me of Matenrou Opera, not bad not bad but little bit boring 7/10

Metamorphose: already know, the beginning is amazing, but going to slow and slower and more slower.... 8/10

As if Forever Exists.: epic ballad with nice lyrics of KISAKI's feelings 8/10

Continuation of dream: It's really surprised me, bass is so amazing, when i heard first time, i thought, what? i'm in a jazzbar? :D but the lyrics is stupid 8/10

Mind Confusion: I can't say nothing about this song, nothing special 7/10

Flowers Bloom: already know, and i didnt like it so much, dance is funny, but its not a fun band, or shouldnt be. 7/10

World In Flames: !!! best ballad on the album with great lyrics. i give 9/10 for it.

A.Hitlor.: I waited for this song really because of the tittle, but not so great. it reminds me of chariots... 7/10

Fall....: Its my favorite song on the album! finally they goes mad and scream and it has something gloomy feeling yes 10/10

Replicant Blue: Totally reminds me of Phantasmagoria nice ballad 9/10

The ins and outs: the chorus is amazing and then english part sounds well, but only these are special 9/10

Overall: 8.5/10

http://seraphimvisualkei.blogspot.com/2 ... ndent.html

Forgot about this thread, to be honest. The link there is my full review of this album, plus the bonus singles and Ambient Cosmo. From what I can remember, I felt the album was a nice change from their singles and it really showed that they were starting to get their own sound as opposed to an awkward combination of all the member's past bands. My favorite non-single song is "From the End...," and I actually like 3/4's of the bonus singles material.

Sign in to follow this