Sign in to follow this  
lukrecia

M83

I don't know, how many fans Anthony has here, but since I really like his music, and since he has a new album coming, I thought he deserves a topic.

So, as a starter, how do you like the fresh new track (Midnight City) from his upcoming album, "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming"?

EDyonn3mQj8

mU6TB8jet-Q

First, the track was a letdown for me, since I expected it to be simular to the songs on "Before The Dawn Heals Us" - my favourite album from him. It has more synths, but I think, it was predictable after "Saturdays = Youth". But after getting over the fact, that it isn't simular to anything from BTDHU, I started to dig this new track. So I have high expectations about the new double album.

Anthony said, that the new album will be The Smashing Pumpkins-inspired:

Talking about the album in a press release, Gonzalez cites the Smashing Pumpkins' super-grandiose 1995 double album Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness as a key influence: "I saw when I was a teenager that I could dig into [the album]. It was like a treasure. If I were a teenager nowadays, I would try to find something as creative as this album. They had so much to say in their songs."

Also, good to see, that Zola Jesus will appear on the album, even if she will appear in the intro song.

M83 has wery good style and songs are really good

Saturdays = Youth is just a awesome album

Sign in to follow this