Sign in to follow this  
Genryuu111

Schwarz Stein 「 Recurrence of Hallucination 」‏

what do you think about this release?

to be honest I was quite disappointed.

it sounds a lot like kaya solo works, it doesnt have the feeling most of SS songs had.

I really loved all of their releases (except the distorted voice songs, those are not my thing), including another cell, that had some new songs and some redone hora works (and to be honest inner universe and frozen past are probably their 2 songs I like most).

this new mini album didnt have a single song that I actually liked. it's not bad for sure, but in my opinion there's no great song.

I listened to it only once, I will give it a try again, but with the preavious releases I really liked almost everything at first listen, while here I was quite...bored.

I dont like kaya's solo works, and here there is too much kaya and not enough schwarz stein.

also, I felt like some (if not all) songs were meant to be instrumentals like most of hora's works, and they just added voice to it..

I hope I'll change my mind. sadly, lately many bands I love are releasing crap works (mdm d+sect, versailles everything after noble) and now SS, from a band that probably wont release anything after this.

sad T_T

also, I felt like some (if not all) songs were meant to be instrumentals like most of hora's works, and they just added voice to it..

Well, since tracks 2, 4 and 5 are originally Hora solo songs, that's the case.

Here's my two cents:

- the intro is pretty good, almost has that old Schwarz Stein feel

- PREDICT isn't anything outstanding but it's okay

- again, almost that SS atmosphere (but upgraded) in Hypnos...nice!

- GENUINE: cool beat and nice melody. My favorite so far.

- SIRIUS is a good closer, though I don't really feel attached to it.

It's a nice release. I didn't expect it to have that old-school SS sound, since that was years ago, and both of them have been pretty active musically over the years (even sometimes with each other, on Kaya's releases). Still, it's a good gift to the fans I guess.

i have to disagree when it comes to the Schwarz Stein atmosphere, you're speaking of. i totally didn't feel it.

REMIND is really great but i don't consider it a Schwarz Stein song. it's simply one of Hora's solo tracks he didn't put on a cd yet.

PREDICT -Rosen Clarion- is my second favourite because i loved the original version on REIGN and always wondered what it would sound like with vocals. it's the most powerful and convincing song in my 'ears'.

HYPNOS is one of those tracks that sound 100% like Kaya's solo and i probably also wouldn't like it if it was on QUEEN or smth. to me, it sounds bland.

GENUINE -Recurrence- is the neither really good, neither really bad song. i have to admit that i didn't like GENUINE in the first place and since they didn't change much about its overall sound, i don't like it with vocals either.

the last song, SIRIUS -Hallucination-, is probably the one i dislike most. i always thought that the original on domiNATE was terrible (i just don't like this particular type of style... it's the same with Funerary Dream, FLOW or HEAVENZ) and this version sounds even more playful and light hearted.

eventually it's not really a Schwarz Stein release to me, it's more of a compilation of enhanced Hora songs with Kaya's vocals. they could have done a hell lot of more but i am not to judge their methods, i just judge the result and to me it is not as good as it could have been (or as i wished).

I was actually really disappointed. They've been one of my favorite acts since they debuted, but this... this didn't blow me away in the same way their other work has. For me, Remind was like Testament from Artificial Hallucination so that I enjoyed. Also, Predict was really well done, but Hypnos, Sirius, and Genuine were too slow and just not... I don't know I just didn't feel any emotion from it whatsoever. I was thinking... If all they were going to do was take old Hora solo songs and add voices... There was a million other songs to choose from, like Prominence or On Falling or Dusk or... Jesus so many songs! But they chose slow ones... Meh, in the end, Kaya still has his solo project that Hora works on all the time so it's not like they never work together.

My review will be quite short. The biggest disappointment was the fact, that Hora's reworked song were only with lyrics... Damn it. But musically it is okay, I kinda like it, but how many times you can sell re-freshed material? It'd be better if they have written some new songs, not remaster previous ones. But generally speaking 6/10

such a bogus release. a friend of mine really digs schwarz stein, and he was pretty psyched to hear they had a new release. i can't imagine how much of a let down this will be to him. a bunch of boring ass hora solo tracks with kaya draped over them. sigh.

at least we have queen this year.

I enjoyed the songs for what they were, but like everyone else has said, it doesn't feel like Schwarz Stein. To me, it seems more like ANOTHER another cell project. Not that I minded another cell, but it seemed so dead in comparison to the Schwarz Stein sound I'm used to. What was sad was, I had a feeling it was going to be like this as soon as I saw the tracklist. I should know better than to do that to myself.

As soon as Kaya started singing on PREDICT, I got a shiver down my spine <3

The mixing sounds a little off, like, Kaya's voice is too loud over the music or something

It's definitely Kaya solo + Hora solo, but I love both of those things, and combined it makes me happy

I need moar new material, make a full length album and I will die happy

Sign in to follow this