Sign in to follow this  
Number Girl

Boris 2011 Releases

Since they had so many releases at once, I thought it would be good to talk about them all in the same thread. So, thoughts about New Album, Klatter, Attention Please, Heavy Rocks and anything else put out this year I forgot to mention . . . ?

For the record, I haven't heard Klatter at all yet but I bought the other three on CD. New Album has managed to grow on me while Heavy Rocks and Attention Please are slowly getting there. I'm not severely disappointed by anything so far. I honestly love "poppy Boris" even though they may have written better songs. I also have learned to enjoy Wata's voice more than I have in the past.

Will go more in-depth about what I thought here later. ^^

I like all albums. Good stuff!

I was really iffy at first at this new poppy/dreamy style but it kinda grew on me. Okay albums all around.

My preference would be something like this: New Album > Attention Please > Heavy Rocks

Some people are hating on one or more of the new albums, but I quite liked all of them. New Album and Heavy Rocks were both really really good and about equal, while I found myself enjoying Attention Please but considerably less so.

If I were to rate them myself it would be:

New Album > Heavy Rocks = Attention Please

New Album was very solid, I felt. It probably kept my attention the most out of the three. Songs I enjoyed the most were "Hope," "Spoon," "Tu, la la," "Looprider," and that version of "Black Original." 9/10

Heavy Rocks had some awesome and then some so-so songs. High points for me were "Riot Sugar," "Missing Pieces," "Czechoslovakia," "Aileron," and "Window Shopping." The rest I disliked or have yet to grow on. 8/10

I felt meh about Attention Please when I first heard it, but I really, really like the alternate versions of "Tokyo Wonder Land," "Party Boy," and "Spoon" on there plus the title track and "See You Next Week." Also an 8/10.

You guys should try Klatter as well. Gawd damn!

And it is not a poppy album either. Quite different from the other three releases, if you ask me.

Sign in to follow this