Sign in to follow this  
gyakutai

朱 - 曲ガル睡蓮`駆ケル[11ul]

Ehm... ;w;'' I am disappointed. The title-track is awesome, but the other songs are... I can't even remember them :cry: not buying their single, sorry. those other 3 tracks have no rhythm and they're too short! >_< any other opinion?

i kinda agree. i dont remember how the non title-track was, but still i enjoy the listen

Very different from UCP's current view of what En Vouge is. I think my favorite off of the single was 舌禍粧, although the clean vocals were a bit off quite often.

I found that the song 『』曰わく、fell victim to the problem I see with a lot of recent bands: they like using synth to portray the main theme of the song, but then they still use two guitarists. Why bother having two if you're going to ensure that neither of them aren't going to do anything but play boring chords so there's no difference between either part? Also, the melody was highly predictable and I wasn't a fan of how the drumming didn't like up with the syncopation in the vocal melody, which is a shame since dissident rhythms can sound cool if done correctly (like triplets over dotted eight~16th patterns).

Decent first single, but of course there is room for improvement. It's grown on me a lot since I started listening to it. Assuming they finished recording this a month or so ago, maybe their drummer leaving was a blessing since that really was one of the weakest aspects to them :lol:

Overall, this band could be the breath of fresh air that UCP needs to keep going especially with their bands dropping like flies (Arc, ClearViel, Synside, E'm~OnHiatus~) and no real new blood being added to the mix (Rin, ReaLies, Negastrokia). I'm crossing my fingers that ViorGloire pulls off something impressive as well.

Sign in to follow this