Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Raunchy

raunchy.jpg

Raunchy is a metal band from Denmark, formed in 1994. They have released five studio albums, and are currently signed to Lifeforce Records.

Kasper Thomsen - Harsh Vocals & Clean Vocals

Lars Christensen - Guitar

Jesper Andreas Tilsted - Guitar

Jesper Kvist - Bass

Jeppe Christensen - Keyboard, Clean Vocals

Morten Toft Hansen - Drums

Raunchy was founded in 1992 by Jesper Tilsted, Jesper Kvist, and Morten Toft Hansen, who started playing mostly covers from bands such as Metallica and Slayer. Lars Vognstrup and Lars Christensen joined the band in 1994, and in 1995 they record their first demo, at Borsing Recordings in Århus. A few months later, Raunchy entered the Aabenraa Studio with producer Jacob Hansen to record Velvet Noise. In 2001 the album was released in Scandinavia and was well received by the press. After the release, keyboardist and supporting vocalist Jeppe Christensen joined the band.

The year 2002 proved to be crucial for the band: as the first Danish band ever, Raunchy signed a contract with one of the world biggest metal labels, Nuclear Blast Records,who released Velvet Noise in Europe. In 2003 Velvet Noise was released in North America, and in the summer their second album, Confusion Bay, was recorded, again with producer Jacob Hansen.The year 2004 started off with singer Lars Vognstrup leaving the band. Kasper Thomsen was recruited as the new lead singer to replace Lars. In February Confusion Bay was released. The band performed a whole concert live on Danish National Radio, and in August performed at the Wacken in front of 4000 fans.

Death Pop Romance was released in early 2006, and received positive reviews among critics. The Danish quintet took the necessary steps to propel their sound forward by mixing intensely abrasive thrash riffs and dynamic drumming in the vein of Strapping Young Lad and Fear Factory with their signature sound, while subliminally incorporating elements of pop music and melodic death metal in the vein of Soilwork or In Flames. In 2006, the band continued to tour to promote Death Pop Romance along with support gigs such as Ill Nino and Hatebreed. The band embarked on a full-length European tour called Danish Dynamite Tour, together with Hatesphere and Volbeat, and played at 2008's Roskilde Festival.

In the summer of 2008 Raunchy released their fourth album Wasteland Discotheque. The album was again generally well received among the press. In late 2008 Raunchy went on a small tour with Volbeat in Germany. Their fifth album, A Discord Electric, was released September 20, 2010.

Raunchy - A Heavy Burden

dg4n8qyFJsA

Raunchy - The Yeah Thing :drums:

EmIpdZlOVzM

I love this band. One of my favorite danish based metal bands. I always liked their unique sound and they haven't put out a album I didn't like. They perfected it with Wasteland Discotheque which was actually based on a book by T.S. Eliot. If you haven't heard of them it's a good place to start.They also did a neat cover of Rockwells Somebody's Watching Me. On Wasteland Discotheque everything flows seamlessly together. The dual guitars easily go from down-tuned fast paced rhythm sections to melodic moments, to catchy guitar riffs. The mixture of harsh vocals accompany the songs heavier moments when those double bass drums kick in and contrast well with the clean vocals. The melodies and choruses themselves are always catchy and blend elements of pop. The synths/keyboards are actually really well done. They add atmosphere, be it electronic, industrial, or disco without overpowering the rest of the music or making the band sound like another synth band. On their last album(A Discord Electric) they're pushing the electronic/pop elements of their music. A good example is Rumors Of Worship. It has their unique blend of metal but during the chorus it shifts into a hooky melody with electronic/laser like synths in the background. And there's a tad more death metal influence on that one then on wasteland. Though on the earlier albums the death metal influence was more prominent. On a Death Pop Romance their sound is actually more thrashy and raw. It sort of sounds like metalcore with a futuristic industrial tinge.

They're great. I really think that Danish metal bands are starting to come more into the spotlight with bands like Raunchy, The Interbeing and Mnemic.

Sign in to follow this