Sign in to follow this  
Rosà

XodiacK - DaN

It was released couple of weeks ago, but i haven't seen this topic yet... so, what do you think about last XodiacK's single? I think it's better than I've expected and one-year-brake was... necessary? But, t-b-t:

1. Fall Down Deprival - an SE, I don't like them usually, but this one is nice and for XodiacK it's something new. SE made on Shinrabansho were quite pathetic. What I can say is that there's no need to make this kind of songs, but... it depends on music taste. No note, cos it's instrumental.

2. Deprival And Naturality - mayhaps the best song on this single, good mixture of deep growling and damn-fuckin-good Eros voice. This melody can be fast remembered for a long time. For me guitars are too soft, but I cannot expect the effect of two 7-strings guitar made on one 6-string one... 10/10

3. Silence Mind - to be honest I do not understand the idea of this song, but Eros proofed he CAN SING! Although I cannot remember this song, it's nice to hear... I'm not sure if it was planned as a ballad or god-knows-what-else, but definitely worth hearing. 9/10

4. Meteoroid - the next one growled song. 100% XodiacK in XodiacK. It's not the same kind like in Kuroi Taiyou (correct me if i wrote it wrong), but it's a proof that XodiacK won't stop with heavier riffs. And I love bass line! Definitely 10/10.

As a summary I can say one thing: It's definitely worth hearing and I'm glad that XodiacK is back, despite of having 4 members and one 6-string guitar. They're more powerful than they ever were... Keepin fingers crossed that they'll write for a really long time and they'll be on a stage at least for next couple of years.

I'll do a short review too~

1. Fall down Deprival: average SE in my opinion~

2. Deprival and Naturally: Had to laugh as those screams in the 1st verse set in :D They sound a bit weird to me~ On the whole it's a good song with many different elements

8/10

3. Silence Mind: This track is pretty cool. Nothing really special, but it's just catchy and beautiful. Here you can hear best how much Eros' clean vocals improved.

9/10

4. Meteoroid: I think the first growls are a bit out of place and sound pretty crappy :\ But the rest of the song is okay. That highpitched thing around the end is just awesome

8/10

Looking forward to their next release - hopefully with the same members...

Sign in to follow this