Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Haste The Day

th_8c12c60c2023690769a81fbf082359fe_1275540762Haste_The_Day_Photo_1_2010.jpg

Haste the Day was an American metalcore band signed with Solid State Records that was formed in Carmel, Indiana 2001. Their band is named after a lyric in the hymn "It Is Well With My Soul." The band released their debut release, an extended play titled That They May Know You, in 2002, followed by five studio albums: Burning Bridges (2004), When Everything Falls (2005), Pressure the Hinges (2007), Dreamer (2008), and Attack of the Wolf King (2010). The band disbanded in March 2011.

Final line-up:

Stephen Keech – lead vocals

Mike Murphy – bass, backing vocals

Dave Krysl – guitar

Giuseppe Capolupo – drums, percussion

Scotty Whelan – guitar, backing vocals

Haste the Day - Travesty

8mc_oby6_GY

This is one of the metalcore bands I really got into for the past 3 years. Which was why I was highly disappointed when I heard they were breaking up. I did manage to see them live on their farewell tour and they left with what every band should leave with, a great album.

One of things I always liked about this band is how on every album everything improved. The vocals, the instruments, the sound production etc. Plus I love Stephen Keech’s vocals. I found them to stand out more from other metalcore bands and to have more of a raw and harsher edge. While Mike Murphy’s vocals were always much more engaging and catchy.

Attack of the Wolf King, which was their last album is probably their best work and IMO one of the underrated metal albums of 2010. Stephen and Mike give their best vocal performance ever, and is actually best heard on the balladish song White As Snow. The drumwork, bass playing and subtle technical guitar playing are all top notch.

Aside from Attack of the Wolf King, Dreamer, and Pressure the hinges have to be favorite albums of theirs. Burning Bridges was also quite good, even though I don’t know of the more death metaly vocal were due to a different singer or that it was their first album.

Sign in to follow this