Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Biomega

I can't say I've ever been into manga before since I don't like borrowing books from the library and I didn't have a job before to purchase several volumes of one series. But I decided to pick something up at the bookstore since I was having my wisdom teeth removed and would be home in bed for a couple of days. And I came across this.

biomega01.jpg

Biomega Synopsis:

In the year 3005 A.D the N5S virus has swept across the earth, turning most of the population into zombie-like drones. Zoichi Kanoe, an agent of Toa Heavy Industry, is humanity's last hope, and he's not even human! With the help of Fuyu, an artificial intelligence built into the computer system of his Heavy Duty Coil motorcycle, Zoichi's search for the key to salvation will take him on a journey across surreal landscapes and hurl him into battle against mind-bending evil. Zoichi Kanoe plunges into the depths of 9JO - an island city in the middle of the Pacific Ocean - in search of Eon Green, a girl with the power to transmute the N5S virus. He's not the only one looking for her, though... Agents of the Public Health Service's Compulsory Execution Unit are also in hot pursuit. Zoichi and his transhuman allies have no time to waste; the countdown to the zombie apocalypse has begun!

I've already read the 1st volume and its pretty awesome. I love the doomsday feel of the manga and the dark landscapes and futuristic cities are really well drawn. The zombies are both gross and terrifying. Zoichi is pretty bad ass armed with an assortment of weapons and his rad motorcycle. There's lots of action and a moment of humor every now and then.

I''ll be picking up the second volume sometime this week. I especially recommend this if your into scifi, cyberpunk, zombies, action, or grizzly bears.

BioBear.jpg

Sign in to follow this