Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Filter

23vgu4k.jpg

?

Filter is a rock group formed in 1993 in Cleveland by Richard Patrick and guitarist/programmer Brian Liesegang, who later left the band in 1997. Filter has released five studio albums, the most recent being The Trouble with Angels, which was released on August 17, 2010.
?
?

Richard Patrick, an early touring member of Nine Inch Nails, met Brian Liesegang and the two began to record together under the name Filter. Their debut album, Short Bus, released on Reprise in 1995, became a surprise hit thanks to the single "Hey Man, Nice Shot"; by the end of the summer, the album had reached gold status. Liesegang departed in 1997 over creative differences, but Patrick retained the Filter name for 1999's Title of Record, which eventually went platinum and spawned another hit, "Take a Picture." The Amalgamut followed three years later, after which the band went on hiatus, returning in 2008 with Anthems for the Damned.

Filter - Hey Man, Nice Shot

?

Filter - Drug Boy

?

I got into this guys back in the day when I first heard Hey Man, Nice Shot, and took a listen to Short Bus, which was awesome. I followed some of their next few albums but I sort of forgot about them. Then I recently got into them again with The Trouble With Angels, and I was totally surprised. It's hand down one of the best albums they've put out(if not the best). It's a very solid rock album. I love the industrial, and electric-vibe the album has along with the heavy guitars, and vocal melodies. Stuff like Drug boy, No-Retry, or Catch a Falling Knife. They're worth a listen if you don't already know them.

Had no idea theyn were still going. Have to check out their latest stuff.

hmmm, i actually enjoyed their stuff the most b4 the album "anthem for the damned" - their/his latest stuff is ok though

They've announced a new album in May and a new single in March on their facebook. They've stated said the new album is heavier and is suppose to be like a modern Short Bus.  They also said it's more electronic. Maybe it has something do with Johnny Radtke of Kill Hannah now being in the band. Either way, I'm excited for this.

New album and tracklist have been announced. It's out June 4

The Sun Comes Out Tonight

bixbo.jpg

1. We Hate It When You Get What You Want

2. What Do You Say

3. Surprise

4. Watch The Sun Come Out Tonight

5. It’s Got To Be Right Now

6. This Finger’s For You

7. Self Inflicted

8. First You Break It

9. Burn It

10. Take That Knife Out Of My Back

11. It’s My Time

12. It’s Just You

They put up the first track from the album for free on their website. http://www.officialfilter.com/

it's  pretty good. It gets better as it progresses, but I'm hoping the rest of the tracks are heavier.

Been jamming the new record and I love the new electronic side. It's not Short Bus 2, like Patrick claimed, but it's a good follow up to Trouble With Angels. New Filter and new Nine Inch Nails in the same week officially made my June.

Filter - Watch The Sun Come Out Tonight

Sign in to follow this