Sign in to follow this  
Kay

Hello~

Hello everyone! I've been looking for an active JRock forum and this place seems like it's really cool, so I figured I might as well introduce myself. Even though I joined a while ago, I've just recently decided to start posting.

My name is Natalie, but my nickname is Kay. I'm a 26 year old female from Pennsylvania, USA. I'm a senior in university and will be graduating this year. I'm actively studying Japanese and hope to one day become fluent. I love Japanese music, and am a huge fan of all types of music. I have really broad musical tastes, but I guess I would say my favorite types of music is Rock and Pop. My favorite singer ever is Suga Shikao. I have a website dedicated to him and it is the only English fansite about him. My favorite band is alice nine. with LUNA SEA in a close second. Sometimes I can't decide which band I like better...

I have to admit that over the years I've fallen out of the Visual Kei/JRock scene. I just don't like any of the new bands I listen to. I really want to get back into Visual Kei and JRock and I'm always looking for new artists and bands, so if you have an recommendations, let me know. This is also a big reason I joined these forums. I want to try new bands and I feel that this will be a good place to learn about them.

Anyway, I'm happy to be here and hopefully I will be able to contribute to the forums.

Kay

welcome to the forum kay. i listen mostly in j-pop/j-rock artists related to anime Sachi Tainaka, Mikuni Shimokawa, Galla, Road of Major, Shocking Lemon, Saber Tiger (a metal band, similarly there was Saver Tiger which kyo, Tetsu of D'ERLANGER and hide of X-JAPAN is famously belonged) ; japanese bands who are related to LUNA SEA like D'ERLANGER, DEAD END, 44MAGNUM, (LOUDNESS<-only in 2010) who frequently perform in JACK IN THE BOX every year; and GRANRODEO who features one of my favorite seiyuu as vocal, which i can introduce to you if you like.

Welcome! It's great to know that you have diverse tastes! I definitely think you've come to the right place - I can positively say that our forum has one of, if not the most, diverse userbase of any J-rock forum.

I'm into a little bit of everything, so I'm always willing to give recommendations! Do you have a last.fm? It may be easier for me to get an idea of your tastes...

Yep my Last.fm is Suga_HOLiC

Kay

cool, I just sent you a friend request. I'm one80 there.

If you're interested in recommendations, just let me know. I like VK, but in pretty small doses. Most of the j-rock and pop I'm into is indie/alternative, sometimes experimental.

:shock: Yes, we have met before fitear1590, you sold me those CDs. I really like them! Thanks~

Also, I accepted your friend requests ronluna and CAT5.

Kay

Welcome to the forums. Always glad to see a fellow alice fan on the boards ;D Plus if your tastes are broad as you say, you've definitely come to the right place to try out some new thangs. :domo:

Sign in to follow this