Sign in to follow this  
lukrecia

killing Boy

I know, that it is a bit early, but I think, we can start with reviewing the two songs, and than later, when the album is out, review the whole album. Hope that it's alright, if not, mods should close this topic. Still, as you know, ART-SCHOOL's Riki Kinoshita has a new band, called killing Boy, and from their self-titled album, which is due to March 9, they shared two on their MySpace. Let's share our thoughts!

Call 4 U

I got the feeling during the song, that I'm listening to a weaker and boring ART-SCHOOL ballad - my biggest problem with the song is that has no memorable parts, just -maybe- the well used electronica. I like Riki's voice, and his english is okay (for me, at least), but the whole song is VERY general, without outstanding points, or such. I mean, really nothing happens in the song, which would make it a bit more memorable - but I like Riki's 'call my name' parts. 6,5/10

Frozen Music

Ah, this one is better! I really loved the drums, they sounded a bit afrobeat-ish for me, and the whole song had a strange post punk/shoegaze atmosphere. There were also some better guitar riffs, and the whole song just works for me - and it's a good thing, that Riki sings more powerfully, more confidently. The drums kept the song upbeat, and oh fuck, keep thing simple, I liked the song. Nothing really world-changing, but no-one expected it to be that, right? I'm giving it a 7.4/10.

Your thoughts? :)

I've youtubed them :)

5FqJCxf4YVo

wC71R2kAxvk

Well, my first listens

Frozen Music

I love the bassline in it, but then again, I think the whole band is going to lean back on the bass. Especially this bassline in combination with Riki's voice makes it pretty awesome. Though I must say I miss something in it. Thankfully it's the first track on the album, as it fit's there, but it's not what I was expecting to be honest...

7/10

Call 4 U

As you said it, this is a typical ART-SCHOOL-song, and it fits perfectly in all ways. I love Riki's voice on the simple bassline. Was kinda surprised at first with the little bit of electronica in it. It may be forgettable, but I love this kind of songs by ART-SCHOOL, and thus I also love this song.

8/10

Only thing I'm not too fond of, is already that these are songs 1 and 2. Whereas Frozen Music fits the first place, and works to a momentum till it's finish, it's followed by Call 4 U, a ballad... It doesn't really fit there, and I guess it would be better as this would be the 6th or 7th song on it.. But then again, we haven't heard the other 7 songs yet xD

Sign in to follow this