Nighttime Jae

Tinfoil-hatting thread general: band theories, wild speculation, minor tea etc

I don't think I've seen a thread like this yet.

Basically, every kind of speculation regarding disbandments, members leaving/being fired/disappearing/dying, possible drama among bandomen, old/minor tea etc. should go here.

I'm going to start off with something that I've definitely researched upon quite a bit. EVE's disbandment.

Spoiler

EVE was seemingly doing well in the year 2013, so much so that they had won the Jrock Explosion contest (sponsered by Danger Crue Records), defeating bands of the likes of umbrella and SHIVA, which allowed  them to play for SID's 10 year anniversary at Budokan. They were also supposed to have a CD published by  none other than Danger Crue, which ended up not happening. One year later, they disbanded without really giving away any reason, other than the fact that they couldn't sell enough. Then as most of you may known, a couple months later Sana (dr, then Yoshi) joined UNiTE.

Now, EVE and UNiTE seem to have a bit of history together. Sana appeared to have had connections with them from way back. I believe he had already played some shows with them around the time Yukimi's health was starting to decline. EVE had covered UNiTE's AIVIE and they of course played at their Past & Future live reunion, one year after EVE broke up.

Incidentally, Danger Crue Records is UNiTE's label.

To me, it's possible that Sana's connection with UNiTE might have granted their Jrock Explosion victory. However, something must've gone wrong which eventually lead to EVE's disbandment.

The theories:

1. Sana leaving EVE for UNiTE

EVE's relationship seemed the one of actual friends rather than colleagues. As you may know, Takeru (vo) and Ryo (gt, now Arma) are in CLACK inc. together under Keita (bs)'s label Kerberos. Sana is with UNiTE now and lives in Tokyo, but it has been reported that he still hangs out with old bandmates when he's back in Osaka, so it's safe to say that there's no drama among them now.

However, it's very likely that there may have been some back then. Many have speculated that Sana had already decided to leave EVE for UNiTE way before their disbandment. It's safe to say that he didn't waste time before joining them (not to fault him of course). Takeru on his blog had once stated that he considered Sana the "lube" of the group and that without him it'd have been impossible to continue. So, there's that...

2. Keita vs Danger Crue Records

The fact that EVE were supposed to join Danger Crue for at least one CD but didn't haunts me to this day. Their last three singles after Jrock Explosion were all self-published.

Now, as some of you may know, Keita has started his own vk label called Kerberos Entertainment. It's safe to say that he was the one supervising their sales and promotion aspect back in the day as well, even before officially becoming a label's owner.

To me, Keita comes off as a very business-minded person who also likes things done his own way. He was no doubt EVE's leader, he wrote at least half of the songs (with Arma and Sana writing the other half and Takeru about 1% plus all the lyrics) and took care of their looks, production, live events etc. It may be possible that he found himself at odds with Danger Crue taking over his band, resulting in the label discarding them before even publishing with them. That could have definitely led to internal issues as well.

3. Bad blood between Takeru and Yui?

Okay, this one is definitely not the cause of EVE's disbandment, but rather a sort of "proof" of the theories listed above.

It's just that I recently found out something rather amusing: Takeru isn't following Yui on twitter, while Yui is 🤭 I'm assuming that they used to be mutuals but Takeru must've sneakily unfollowed him at some point, while Yui simply didn't notice cause he probably has him silenced anyways. Now, I love Takeru's guts, but he no doubt can come off a bit of a salty guy sometimes. It wouldn't surprise me if he had some degree of dislike for Yui based on the fact that well, his band "stole" his drummer and friend basically. He's following Lin and of course Sana though, so it may just be him being salty towards him in general for whatever reason.

To sum up: I do think that EVE's break-up could've been caused by internal drama to some degree at least. The guys seem to be doing fine these days, each with their own project,a and on friendly terms. However, I do believe that Arma and Takeru especially must've been affected by the situation, which may explain CLACK inc.'s current set up (basically, they're the only stable members, while everyone else acts as support and are free to leave at any moment, which has happened with Ryohei, Tsubaki and now Hakuya).

By allowing everyone that it's not them to move on to other projects they can avoid drama and heartbreak that may have been caused by Sana leaving. I truly believe the EVE guys were friends first and bandmates second, so their breakup mustn't have been an easy one.

I for one I enjoy both CLACK inc. and UNiTE and I follow Kerberos Entertainment closely, so despite loving EVE so much I'm satisfied with how things are now.