Sign in to follow this  
SUBLIMINAL

[UK] Ellie Goulding

This lovely lady deserves her own thread. She's a breath of fresh air in the UK charts, to tell you the truth.

Ellie-Goulding-article.jpg

Elena Jane Goulding, better known as Ellie Goulding, is an English singer-songwriter and guitarist. She rose to fame after topping the BBC Sound of 2010 poll and winning the Critics' Choice award at the 2010 BRIT Awards. After signing to Polydor Records in 2009, Goulding released her first extended play An Introduction to Ellie Goulding, followed by her debut full-length studio album, Lights, in 2010. Later that year Goulding recorded a re-release of Lights entitled Bright Lights. Goulding is currently working on her second album. As of January 2011, Goulding has been nominated for two 2011 BRIT Awards for British Female Solo Artist and British Breakthrough Artist.

Discuss how brilliant she is. :wub:

Edited by SUBLIMINAL

I know her, not really following her, but I know some of her hits

BTW, that starry eyed song, ain't that a remix? I'm positive I heard it with way less dancing beats in it... (no, and I'm not talking about the You Me At Six cover)

I know her, not really following her, but I know some of her hits

BTW, that starry eyed song, ain't that a remix? I'm positive I heard it with way less dancing beats in it... (no, and I'm not talking about the You Me At Six cover)

I'm not sure now that you mention it. This is the official single's music video and the most popular version, if there was an original that was less electronic, hm... I know there's been lots of remixes and live acoustic versions of it.

Honestly I really hated Starry Eyed when I first heard it, but it grew on me and now she's fast becoming one of my favourite artists. This Love (Will Be Your Downfall) and Under the Sheets are my favourite songs and the album is basically flawless. It really doesn't ever get old.

I knew of her before her album came out. I loved pretty much all of her demo tracks.

Then the album came out. Overproduced garbage. Almost every demo became a trainwreck. Starry Eyed held up, Under the Sheets, a good new song here and there but overall very disappointing. I think its.. Stargate who produced the album. He absolutely butchered her raw talent, tried to make this shiny-pop album that did not suit her AT ALL.

Now 'Bright Lights' has come out (deluxe edition of her album with new tracks) and the new tracks is how her album should have sounded. Restored my faith in her.

If you haven't heard her demo tracks, listen to the demo version of 'Wish I Stayed' produced by Frankmusik rather than Stargate.

Definitely wouldn't use the word garbage to describe her music personally. It might not be as raw as demos or acoustics, but it's still fantastic. She's capitalising on the popularity of electronic music now, but I don't think it lessens the beauty of her songs one bit. It presents them in another way entirely that I still find enjoyable, but that's just me.

She's wonderful live too.

Edited by SUBLIMINAL

Sign in to follow this