Sign in to follow this  
lukrecia

Todaka Masafumi's new band

It seems, that ART-SCHOOL's guitarist, Todaka Masafumi has a new band. The name of the new band is tatoi (??????).

Members are:

Guitar/Vocal - Todaka Masafumi (戸高賢??, also in ART-SCHOOL and Ropes)

Guitar - Tomoyuki Watanabe (渡部智之, also in Akutagawa)

Bass - Hajime Kishino (岸野一, also in malegoat)

Drums - Akinori Yamamoto (山本晃紀, also in LITE)

Sources:

Tomoyuki Watanabe's Twitter[/url]":2w6nuf4y]戸高??ん??ブログ??書??????る通り??「tatoi??始動??????????。????????猛スピード??曲作り中????り????。??????よ???????願??????????

Which could be translated as:

Tomoyuki Watanabe's Twitter[/url]":2w6nuf4y]As that's blogged Todaka, "tatoi" to start. Writing songs at a breakneck speed is under construction. Thank you very much!

And Todaka also introduced the band at his blog.

Well, this seems REALLY intresting and I think, with members from so good bands, we can have high expectations - I can't wait to hear their songs!

Also, it isn't too strongly related to here, but now, it's offical that KAREN broke up - source. It seems that things aren't the best at ART-SCHOOL, since after Riki, Todaka also started his own project.

KAREN's disbandment was already announced in September

http://natalie.mu/music/news/37963

And I guess you won't have to fear for ART-SCHOOL, as they always had side projects besides ART-SCHOOL

current members:

Riki Kinoshita - KAREN (2005-2010), killingboy (2010-)

Todaka Masafumi - KAREN (2005-2010), Ropes (a sideproject with Achiko, 2009-), tatoi (2010-)

Uno Takeshi - COLD KITCHEN (2001-2010)

Hiroyuki Suzuki - not that I know of, but he's just in the band since a year

ex-members:

Hidekazu Hinata - first played in both ART-SCHOOL and STRAIGHTENER, before leaving ART-SCHOOL for STRAIGHTENER

Oyama Jun - first played in both ART-SCHOOL and STRAIGHTENER, before leaving ART-SCHOOL for STRAIGHTENER

Yuichi Sakurai - MyuuRy (2006-2009)

^

Hm, you are right, I think it was just the fact that the new solo projects were announced in a short period of time. Btw, I'm sad to see that MyuuRy broke up, I liked them. Nothing really outstanding, but I still liked their stuff. :{

Sign in to follow this