Sign in to follow this  
Traxan

Gacharic Spin dancer Nene forced to skip Houston event

Hyperactive J-pop/rock band Gacharic Spin are in Houston, Texas for the Anime Matsuri convention minus one member. Dancer Nene was forced to stay behind due to ear problems. From their twitter feed:

I felt a strange change in my ear more than a few days ago, and as a result of receiving a hearing test, as a result of suspected hearing loss being strongly seen, it was diagnosed that treatment and rest are necessary from the doctor.

I decided to take a break from the live activity for the time being, including Anime Matsuri 2017 in Houston which I was planning to appear this weekend. The currently scheduled live event will be performed for five persons for a while.

(Finally, a halfway decent translation)

The rest of the band just arrived in the U.S. This is their second trip. Two years ago they performed at a Japan festival in San Francisco.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8vVDx6V0AEutK4.jpg

This is a real bummer as Nene has become an important member. She's not just a dancer she does backup vocals and plays keyboards on a few occasions on the band's new live DVD. Plus she works the crowd far more aggressively than Mai. Someone ripped a song from the DVD for YouTube, she's the dancer with the ponytail. Mai's hair hangs loose.

Edited by Traxan

After months of missed shows, Nenne has announced her departure from the band. It's not clear if her hearing is the issue or if she just wants to leave. I suspected something was wrong when her absence dragged on for months and she didn't even appear at Mai's 20th birthday coming of age party. Her statement is on the band home page, if anyone can translate.

http://www.gacharicspin.com/

Sign in to follow this