Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

Gargoyle new album "誑(taburakashi)" release

Gargoyle new album "誑(taburakashi)" will be released at 2016/08/31 (3,240yen)

[track list]
01.野蛮回路
02.clumbling roar
03.Dragon skull
04.OVERPOWER
05.NO ENTRY
06.誰がために雨は降る
07.GO GO ガラパゴス
08.Massive thrill
09.Daredevil
10.Be daring
11.只一筋に往く
12.異血

Cm7kkOyUMAEi1RF.jpg

Good ol' Gargoyle with another good ol' album. I'm expecting the usual good ol' stuff. Bring it on! :D 

@IGM_OficialYou should check out some of their later albums then, they've still got that metal fire~

This is the opening track from their last full-length:

Edited by Jigsaw9

@JamesRTo my knowledge, they consider themselves to be part of the metal scene, not the vk scene, plain and simple (plus they sound pretty much straight-up heavy/thrash metal, as far as Japanese bands go). Thus, even if they dress quite flamboyantly, they're not vk. Kinda like how other bands like KIshidan or The Alfee aren't vk, even tho they've been known to wear weird stuff from time to time.

Another good indicator of "vk or not vk" is to look at what kind of bands they tour with usually... if it's almost exclusively with visual kei bands, then the band is sure to be visual kei. Tho this logic falters a bit with Gargoyle, because (if I remember correctly) there might have been instances where they performed gigs with some vk bands... but don't quote me on that, it's just a vague memory/hunch. xD In any case, they tend to stick to playing with other metal bands.

Edited by Jigsaw9

1 hour ago, Jigsaw9 said:

@JamesRTo my knowledge, they consider themselves to be part of the metal scene, not the vk scene, plain and simple (plus they sound pretty much straight-up heavy/thrash metal, as far as Japanese bands go). Thus, even if they dress quite flamboyantly, they're not vk. Kinda like how other bands like KIshidan or The Alfee aren't vk, even tho they've been known to wear weird stuff from time to time.

So, Seikima-II and Vaniru can be included on this group? Why do they have profiles on Vkdb (Seikima-II's is empty)?

imo Seikima-II are definitely just hard rock/heavy metal, not vk. Vaniru is a bit more trickier I guess (?). xD Anyway we're getting kinda off-topic here I suppose.

On 7/10/2016 at 8:50 AM, Jigsaw9 said:

Another good indicator of "vk or not vk" is to look at what kind of bands they tour with usually... if it's almost exclusively with visual kei bands, then the band is sure to be visual kei. Tho this logic falters a bit with Gargoyle, because (if I remember correctly) there might have been instances where they performed gigs with some vk bands... but don't quote me on that, it's just a vague memory/hunch. xD In any case, they tend to stick to playing with other metal bands.

I never have read that Gargoyle consider themselves not VK.  I know Buck-Tick has been saying since the 1990s that they weren't VK, but never Gargoyle.  I'm pretty sure back in the day, Gargoyle performed with a bunch of early VK bands such as X and Kamaitachi.  Former member She-ja was a member of Sister's No Future.  Kiba used to have a radio show with former BY-SEXUAL member, Ryo, several years ago.   In recent years, Gargoyle mostly perform with VK bands or guys formerly from VK bands of their era: Jolly Pickles, Aura, Tokyo Yankees, Ladies Room, Billy & the Sluts, The Dead Pop Stars, test-No., The Slut Banks, Valentine D.C., among others.  They even done shows with Kamijo, UCHUSENTAI:NOIZ, and Dacco.  If they have actually said they are not a visual kei band, they're making it real hard not to call them a non-VK band when they perform with VK bands so much.  They might have performed with metal bands like Earthshaker and 44Magnum, but you will see them playing with their VK peers more than their Japameta peers. 

I don't see how The Alfee would be consider VK, unless you're basing it off of Takamizawa's image alone.  Sakazaki and Sakurai have always been normal looking people.  Takaizawa is more '80s metal cheese ball than VK.  I always compare his image thing to something like Malmsteen's cheesy image.  With Kishidan, I always considered them as a parody band or something similar to Slade, the '70s glam rock band, image wise.  I'm pretty sure Japan sees Kishidan as a parody band regarding their image, as well.

Sign in to follow this