Sign in to follow this  
lukrecia

Psysalia Psysalis Psyche - X is to Y as Y is to Z

So, there is a new Psysalia single, released today. It seems, that it is a collabration between the band and TOILET, which is, judging from their homepage, some kind of an artist collective. (At youtube, there is "Psysalia Psysalis Psyche × TOILET" so I think I'm right.)

ZqtZcnZDPgQ

Psysalia Psysalis Psyche × TOILET " X is to Y as Y is to Z "

Art Direction & Design : Keiichiro Oshima (OSHIMA inc.)

Styling : Ryutaro Akada

Hair & Make : Ari

Art Set : Kousaku Morii (Tadabijutsu)

Dancer : Munetaka Maki

Model : Ksenia

Total Art Produce : Tomohiro Kobayashi (TOILET), Nobuyoshi Asai (TOILET)

(2010.12.01) Psysalia Psysalis Psyche - X Is To Y As Y Is To Z

raw.jpg

Tracklist:

01. X Is To Y As Y Is To Z

02. Death To My Friends

03. Y Is To Y As Y Is To Z (oOoOO Remix)

I'm a bit disappointed, that they haven't continued the louder and crazier style, which made Lemon Pop an awesome release, but I still like the song. (But I think, thay it's a bit too long.) Also, I'm curious about the first (offical) Psysalia remix, I dind't expect from them to collabrate with one of the most actual artists, oOoOO (of course, actual only if we admit that witch house or drag is a real style), but it sounds as something exciting. Well, we'll see.

The cover reminds about Xjapan..

It's a pity that they don't sell this and lemon pop on hearjapan or such sites TVT

I think, Psysalia started his own four (?) single campaign - if you check their website, you can see, that 'Psysalia Psysalis Psyche Hotel' has four windows: at one of the windows, you can see a lemon (Lemon Pop), and at another one, an X (X is to Y as Y is to Z). Both singles were released at the first day of the month (1st of October and 1st Of December), and both singles are the result of a collaboration - at Lemon Pop, they collaborated with Keisuke Asakura, and at X Is To Y..., they collaborated with TOILET. And if you click on the windows of the hotel, you can see, that both singles have their own mini-site, and the two are simular in many aspects.

And since there are two more windows, I think, that we can prepare for ourselves, because they will release a single on the first of Februar, and May. Can't wait! :3

Nice! Sounding good. They've shown a lot of maturation in a fairly short time I think. Shame they aren't appreciated more...

Nice! Sounding good. They've shown a lot of maturation in a fairly short time I think. Shame they aren't appreciated more...

I really appreciate, that their singles feature two or three new song, and they aren't like PLASTICZOOMS, in the sense, that they aren't releasing singles with one new track and a remix. And the fact, that both singles have a very different concept and style is also something special in my eyes - they are a really unique band, and I'm happy to see, how their sound evolves from release to release. I was a bit disappointed that after Lemon Pop's crazy and loud, Sonic Youth-influenced stlye, they changed so radically in sound, but after the third listen, I'm liking it. A bit too long song, but it has some good ideas in it, and I'm digging the trippy atmosphere - and the PV goes well with the song.

Happy, that they are continuing releasing so good singles/albums, and I can't wait to see, how they sound will evolve through the releases. :3

And I couldn't resist, I ordered the single. They truly deserve the support.

I think, Psysalia started his own four (?) single campaign - if you check their website, you can see, that 'Psysalia Psysalis Psyche Hotel' has four windows: at one of the windows, you can see a lemon (Lemon Pop), and at another one, an X (X is to Y as Y is to Z). Both singles were released at the first day of the month (1st of October and 1st Of December), and both singles are the result of a collaboration - at Lemon Pop, they collaborated with Keisuke Asakura, and at X Is To Y..., they collaborated with TOILET. And if you click on the windows of the hotel, you can see, that both singles have their own mini-site, and the two are simular in many aspects.

And since there are two more windows, I think, that we can prepare for ourselves, because they will release a single on the first of Februar, and May. Can't wait! :3

This sounds so awesome, hopefully your hunch is right and we'll be getting 2 more.

Sign in to follow this