Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

布袋寅泰 (Tomoyasu Hotei) international album "Strangers" release

布袋寅泰 (Tomoyasu Hotei) will release his international debut album "Strangers" on 2015/10/16 through Spinefarm Records, featuring various international collabs.

Taken from the official site:

Hotei’s debut international album, “Strangers,” will be released on October 16th through Spinefarm Records. “Strangers” is a genuinely unique, thoughtful, and diverse album- equal parts rock, dance, punk, and electro. It features an array of special guests from around the globe including the iconic Iggy Pop, Richard Z. Kruspe from European rock giants Emigrate/Rammstein, Matt Tuck from one of the UK’s most successful and best loved rock bands Bullet For My Valentine, and Noko from electronic band pioneers Apollo 440. “Strangers” demonstrates Hotei’s diversity as a songwriter and virtuoso guitarist mixing instrumental epics with contemporary masterpieces.

The album has writing and production credits including Youth (Pink Floyd, Verve, Killing Joke), Leo Abrahams (Brian Eno, Paolo Nutini) and Stephen Lipson (Jeff Beck, Grace Jones, Hans Zimmer).

“British rock has always been a great source of inspiration to me and now living in London with a fresh start, “Strangers” allows me to take a step out of this new and relatively anonymous space to introduce myself. A stranger to many, remembering the days when I was young and just starting out, playing gigs to a room of only 20 people, I want to connect with people individually and let them understand me through my music.” - Hotei

International ver. tracklist
01. Medusa
02. How the Cookie Crumbles (featuring Iggy Pop)
03. Kill or Kiss (featuring Shea Seger)
04. Move it (featuring Richard Z. Kruspe)
05. Barrel of My Own Gun (featuring Noko)
06. Kill to Love You (featuring Matt Tuck)
07. Strangers
08. Walking Through The Night (featuring Iggy Pop)
09. Texas Groove (featuring Shea Seger)
10. Into the Light
11. Departure
12. Battle Without Honor or Humanity

Japanese ver. tracklist
01. Strangers
02. Kill or Kiss (featuring Shea Seger)
03. Move It (featuring Richard Z. Kruspe)
04. How the Cookie Crumbles (featuring Iggy Pop)
05. Medusa
06. Kill to Love You (featuring Matt Tuck)
07. Battle Without Honor or Humanity
08. Texas Groove (featuring Shea Seger)
09. Barrel of My Own Gun (featuring Noko)
10. Walking Through the Night (featuring Iggy Pop)
11. Black Ships (Japan Edition Bonus Track)
12. Into the Light
13. Departure
+ DVD with the 2 lyric videos

Basically if you've been following Hotei's work closely (particularly his last album from 2014), this 'new' album doesn't have much novelty to offer, except maybe if you count that most of the tracks are re-recorded and featuring guest artists. Oh well...

Sign in to follow this