Sign in to follow this  
D.L.S

Arch Enemy!!!

In my opinion there are bands that are better, well should I say I prefer, in melodic death metal. I kind of got over Arch Enemy quickly, sure they have a female vocalist that sounds somewhat manly screaming but, eh, there are better. They got kind of boring to me.

In my opinion there are bands that are better, well should I say I prefer, in melodic death metal. I kind of got over Arch Enemy quickly, sure they have a female vocalist that sounds somewhat manly screaming but, eh, there are better. They got kind of boring to me.

They are exactly what I like and no other non-japanese band will ever top them for me.

not best, because imo there is no best, but if there was a best, they would have a big chance of being it

For me Versailles will always be the 'best', but AE will always be my non-japanese best.

Well I suppose its your opinion and I of course won't try and change that and tell you that you are wrong. I was just saying that i preferred other bands and such.

I must say I really hate this band. I also find Angelaæs "growling" EXTREMELY weak, powerless and boring.

Liked the band when I was 12 years old though. But then I got 13 about a year later and realized what good music was.

You've summed up pretty much exactly what I feel about this band. Sure they have a female vocalist that can scream but that's really all they have that seems to differentiate themselves from other Melo Death Metal bands. They're not awful and I like a few songs but they get old pretty quickly.

You've summed up pretty much exactly what I feel about this band. Sure they have a female vocalist that can scream but that's really all they have that seems to differentiate themselves from other Melo Death Metal bands. They're not awful and I like a few songs but they get old pretty quickly.

They actually do get old quick..... but I still love them. (the same with Versailles)

Arch Enemy is not a bad Band at all. They sure know what they are doing and their Releases are solid. But for some Reason, i like the old Carcass Stuff more.

And if i want to hear female Growling, i listen to Holy Moses, who did this kind of Thing already back in the 80´s. And quite a bit better, if i may say so.

How can you compared OLD Carcass and this? I mean...fuck, Goregrind VS Melodic Death Metal? Lulz! Would understand if you took the latest Carcass releases and compared to this sicne it's actually Melodic Death Metal. But old Carcass? That's just lame and bring forth lots of huge lulz.

And I have to say that I don't like Sabrina's vocals that much either. Way better than Angela of course, but not all that impressive anyway.

How can you compared OLD Carcass and this? I mean...fuck, Goregrind VS Melodic Death Metal? Lulz! Would understand if you took the latest Carcass releases and compared to this sicne it's actually Melodic Death Metal. But old Carcass? That's just lame and bring forth lots of huge lulz.

1. Carcass is considered the major Inspiration and musical Foundation for most Gore-Metal and Deathgrind/Goregrind Bands as well as being one of the founding Fathers of Melodic Death Metal.

2. Michael Amott (Guitarist of Carcass) is one of the two Amott Brothers who founded Arch Enemy.

3. I define "Heartwork" and "Necroticism" as Melodic Death Metal Albums and old , because their Releases were 15-20 Years ago.

The Comparison is thereby justified and make perfectly Sense. :mrgreen:

lol I used to be so in love with them.... I haven't listened to their music in so long, but I just bought Doomsday Machine and it has renewed my interest in them. I didn't really like Kaos Legions.... so I'll just stick with everything before that. :)

lol I used to be so in love with them.... I haven't listened to their music in so long, but I just bought Doomsday Machine and it has renewed my interest in them. I didn't really like Kaos Legions.... so I'll just stick with everything before that. :)

Sign in to follow this