Sign in to follow this  
Guest Magatsu

Uwakimono - I 狂 U [2013.11.20]

Guest Magatsu

Takeru vocalist of SuG solo project Uwakimono.

TRACKLIST
01.I 狂U (I Kyou U)
02. 忘却の空 (Boukyaku no Sora) (SADS cover) -> ORIGINAL HERE
03. undermine (composed by Yuyoyuppe)
04. 愛の妙理 (Ai no Myouri) ( composed by (0.8byou to Syooogeki)
05. 96 (composed by Tamurapan)
06. rise and fall

I never did listen to SuG that much but I really wanted to know what this is. Because it showed up in the VISUAL KEI part of the forum however the looks and the music style isn't Visual Kei at all.

The fist song on this mini album is an own song. it sounds very j-popish and has also taste of k-pop same goes for the PV. even a bit asian Hiphop style. it's impossible for me to call it visual kei.
However the song is well made and it let you dance pretty easy. So easy to listen it over and over again at least if you like "pop style."

the second song is a cover song from SADS. But I really must say that Takeru doesn't have the VOICE to cover this song at all. It doesn't even sounds as a good cover.  and then to make the original song into such dancy pop song.. just no thank you.

the third song is composed by someone who likes to make dance and vocaloid songs. So how can this be VK?
Anyway "Undermine" sounds yes very dancy with a tuned dance pop industrial sound.
For this song Takeru's voices fits prety well. It's also a very good song for stepmania or just to play in clubs!

The fourth song Ai no Myouri again composed by someone who isn't VK at all. is also a nice dance songs. good dance elements. And Takeru just sings on it. But the composition of the music makes this song. However this type of song isn't my taste at all. but you hear it more often in dance/pop tracks.

The fifth song 69 again composed by someone who isn't VK at all.  But by a prety nice pop artist. and you also can hear it in the song. But it's really peaceful song is you compair it to the others it doesn't really fit in this mini. (laugh) But you really can releax on this song.

the sixth song Rise and Fall
is kinda pop style but then bit of hiphop added. but this could be made easy by a jpop artist. also fit's totally in the jpop world.  Takeru really sings this song pretty nice.

After all I would not call his solo project Visual Kei.
He really look more as a jpop dance person then a VKEI artist also his music it's so not visual kei. it's dance, pop and a bit hiphop.
And it doesn't mean if somone did play in a visual kei band that his next projects ARE Visual Kei. it can be simply pop too :D nothing wrong with it!

My rating: 4/5
Because yes you can listen to it. and it's not that bad after all.
Only to bad for the SADS cover.

Agree with all of this fully. Too many people are seeing it as visual kei when there's been no indication that his solo project is. But it is so fully Takeru and I really enjoyed it too!

Sign in to follow this