Sign in to follow this  
fitear1590

Chris Lilley's TV Shows (Ja'mie: Private School Girl, Summer Heights High, etc.)

Does anyone else enjoy the TV shows by Australian comedian/character actor Chris Lilley?

Chris-Lilley-642-380.jpg

We Can Be Heroes: Finding The Australian of the Year (2005)
It follows the story of five unique Australians, who have each made a large achievement and been nominated by friends and family for the Australian of the Year award.

Summer Heights High (2007)

It is a documentary series of high-school life experience from the viewpoints of 3 individuals: Enthusiastic and delusional "Director of Performing Arts" Mr G; private-school exchange student Ja'mie King; and disobedient, vulgar Tongan student Jonah Takalua.

Angry Boys (2011)
The show explores the issues faced by young males in the 21st century – their influences, their pressures, their dreams and ambitions. Lilley plays multiple characters: S.mouse, an American rapper; Jen, a manipulative Japanese mother of a skateboard star; Blake Oakfield, a champion surfer; Ruth "Gran" Sims, a guard at a juvenile detention facility; and her grandchildren, South Australian twins Daniel and Nathan Sims.

Ja'mie: Private School Girl (2013, airing currently)
The show follows Ja'mie King, who previously appeared in We Can Be Heroes and Summer Heights High, during her final weeks at Hillford Girls Grammar School.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKtwDjf_5gY

I only discovered his stuff through a friend this summer, but I think he's hilarious.  In his shows, presented in mockumentary style, he plays multiple characters (men and women).  I've only seen the series Summer Heights High and I've started watching his newest series Ja'mie: Private School Girl, where he reprises his role as private school superbitch/popular girl Ja'Mie King for the third time.  He's really committed to his different roles, so I have to give him kudos.  It seems like he's upping the amount of crazy in this latest series and I'm loving it so far.  Seriously, the amount of quotable/GIF-able moments in the show is off the charts.  But one of the things I appreciate is that while the characters ARE ridiculous, entertaining and over-the-top, there's also something very realistic about a lot of them.  We probably all had a Ja'mie King at our schools.

Can't speak for all of the shows as I haven't seen them yet, but Summer Heights High and Ja'mie: Private School Girl are definitely recommended!

Sign in to follow this