Sign in to follow this  
jduv86

Nocturnal Bloodlust - OMEGA

So now that we finally got our hands on full versions of the songs, what do you all think of the follow up to Grimoire?

Zoey - right on par with Abzu! Sets the stage for some really epic sh*t to follow beautifully! These voices they keep using in their instrumentals ARE AWESOME! 5/5

Venom - And it comes rolling in! Believe me, sir I already "Got the f*ck up!". That "Penny toe, penny toe, penny toe" (I know that's not what he's saying) part in the pre chorus gets annoying to me after awhile and I wish they just let the instrumental play during that part. The chorus is underwhelming to me though. THE BREAKDOWN IS F*CKIN' BRUTAL AS HELL! Really great song with minor imperfections. 4/5

Puppet Creature - Perfect except that weird transition around 1:40 where it almost sounds like a completely different song. It reminds me of when Disaster went into that transition into the slow part. It just doesn't fit that well to me. I think it should have been left out. Other than that, a very good song to keep the energy going. I love the quirky clapping too! 4/5

V.I.P. -PERFECT. Seriously! PERFECT! No complaints AT ALL! A great lead single! So catchy! 5+/5

Defect in Perfection - Despite, the great vocals and instrumental, the only thing that really stuck with me this song is the brutal breakdown at the end. I'm just a sucker for brutal breakdowns. All I heard was cool guitar riffs and nice harsh vocals, but nothing different. 3/5

FATE - F*CK....YES! Another perfect song! The beginning before the instruments kick in kind of reminds me of what Rise Above was doing but this is done on a much better scale. This is an EXCELLENT finisher and is my favorite on the album! I feel he could have been a little more emotional on the chorus (hit some higher notes maybe), but it still works well. 5/5

The mini seems to be more focused on energy and melting your face which is great. The instrumentals and vocals are outstanding! If anything, this proves that NB are top notch in their genre and deserve praise. They also use electronic elements EFFECTIVELY EVERYTIME! There isn't an "over the top you're doing it too much" thing ANYWHERE. There are small imperfections here and there. They have to work on their weird 180 transitions in the middle of the song. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's like "Wait...what did you just do there?" I would have liked to hear them try to do another ballad like Aster as well. We know they can be brutal as hell, but can they do more than just Aster? or was that just a ballad thrown together just so you could say you have a ballad on the album?

Overall: 4.5/5. Hands down the best mini album release this year IMO with Grimoire possibly being the best album of the year. THESE GUYS ARE ON FIRE!

Won't do a review, but I can say it's a damn f*cking awesome masterpiece,way better than GRIMOIRE(and it was already very good).

That's REAL Metalcore/Deathcore,one of the best in the genre together with CodeRebirth.

VENOM is my favorite track.

I gotta admit, I've always been kinda iffy about the Buttlust guys going VK, especially them toning down their deathcore roots a bit in favor of more deluted melodic metalcore influences and incorporating those typical "oh let's have a melodic chorus here cuz why not?" instances but I slowly got to appreciate some of GRIMOIRE. Now let's see what they cooked up this time~

Zoey - Pretty cool intro with a cool atmosphere (like on their album), nothing more to say.

VENOM - Nice heavy start! A kind of typical NB track with a forgettable melodic chorus - shame about that, cuz otherwise it's pretty kickass. Well, I guess the other parts being so good it isn't that much of a nuisance.

Puppet Creature - This song is more like a mixture, has a bit of that modern VK sound, coupled with the usual br00tality... and also a swingy beat with acoustic embellishments WUT. First it seemed a bit out of place but the more I listen to it... it's kinda alright I guess. This song is pretty colorful, that's for sure at least. Good one!

V.I.P - I can clearly hear why this became the 'anchor' track of the release so to speak - it has the most catchy parts! They pull out everything from the background shouts to the disco beats with chuggy riffin' and some tastefully melodic vocals. Pretty awesome, if a bit too long song.

Defect in Perfection - I was really looking forward to this re-recording, since it's one of my early favorites from NB. They didn't change it up or anything (I think?), just played a faithful rendition of it with an amped-up production. In other words - br00talicious!! 8D

FATE - The 'epic closer track' of the mini... well, that's all to it I guess. Not bad. I like it a bit more now than on first listen at least.

Overall this was a pretty nice mini album, with some variety within reasonable boundaries. I do wish they did more stuff like Defect in Perfection again but I guess that's not too realistic an expectation. Oh well, I can dig this, at least the production sounds way better and more powerful. All in all, not much to complain about, a solid release.

:3.5: | okay stuff, the usual

Sign in to follow this