Sign in to follow this  
RpgRiser

Kamijo - Louis〜Enketsu no la Vie en Rose〜

I was waiting for this single for a loooooong time!

Let's see what we got here:

1. Louis〜Enketsu no la Vie en Rose〜

At the beginning,I thought that it was too much like Versailles and was about to skip...I'm glad I didn't do it!

This song is magnificent! Kamijo seems to sing more freely than in Versailles,he sounds reaaaally awesome!

Way to begin this single!

9/10

2. Grazioso

Well,that was unexpected. I really like the atmosphere of this song,even if it's a bit too short.

7/10

3. Gensou Trianon

I found this to be a bit Gackt-like, I dunno why.

That aside, this song is awesome, but maybe a bit repetitive.

8/10

Conclusion:

ONE HELL OF A SINGLE!

Kamijo really did an amazing job for his first single!

One of my favorites of the year!

8.5/10

So,what are your thoughts about this single?

I was really looking forward to this single and it didn't disappoint one bit! The title track is as über-monumental and epic-sounding as I expected it to be. I love all the symphonic-like elements that are all over the place, and that it has a solid rockin' background that doesn't try to be "omg so metal" like Versailles, it's more like supporting the "main attraction". The second song is a nice little curiosity that adds variety to the single, kinda reminds me of MALICE MIZER from their Gackt era (songs like Bois de merveilles, etc). Third song is a bit similar to the first one in terms of infectuous "epic rock" sound, maybe not as prominent but it has its highlights (like that awesome choir-like part midway through) and that grandiose atmosphere that makes it perfect as a closing track. Overall, killer single!

:4.0: | A cool sound executed real well, awesomeness & epicness all around - gimme an album, now!

The only thing that sounded strange was the mixing,I think they tried to put the vocals too much in front.

IMO,Kamijo's solo debut is a lot better than Jupiter.

I was looking forward to it but...

Louis 〜艶血のラヴィアンローズ〜 - Good song. A common Versailles song without guitar masturbation. Yeah, i was kinda enjoying it but wtf his voice in the end. Stahp Kamijo, stahp. 7/10

Grazioso -  I WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED for this song. But its just short and boring. Really disappointing. 4/10

幻想トリアノン - Good song but nothing special... Easily forgettable one. 6/10

I thought i was going to like it more than Jupiter, but wow, Jupiter's album was lot more exciting...Hope his next release is better than that

I agree with RpgRiser, his voice could be a bit quieter. I was a bit disappointed that the single wasn't as heavy as I imagined it would be, but it's still closer to early-Versailles than Jupiter.

I won't do a track by track review but I think the single is worth a strong 7/10. A very positive start for Kamijo's solo career.

After listening to this single I realised that his voice is what essentially carried Versailles and made them unique. This is perhaps why I found Jupiter's single so underwhelming.

I'm not going to compare this single to Jupiter's album because I don't think that's quite as fair as comparing it to their debut SINGLE, which I am going to do. 

This was one hell of a lot better. Louis was a strong track in and of itself, if this is what he chooses as a representative of the album then I am completely and totally ready for the amazing album that he's got in store, whereas Jupiter had a very lukewarm debut single.

The tracks individually though really stack up, if I'm being honest. Louis, like I said, was really very good with the exception of the falsetto at the end. Everything else about the song was magnificent, but I will agree that the mixing was kind of... Lame. Trying to put too much emphasis on the vocals rather than the whole thing.

Grazioso was really, really cool. I loved the bit in the middle.... I'm thinking it was Italian that you could barely understand and for some reason that appeals to me. I can't wait to see the lyrics for this one.

Gensou Trianon was by far my favorite though, I love that all three songs sounded different and memorable and good in their own ways. This one was mroe beautiful than the others, always here for that.

So while I wait for my copy of CLASSICAL ELEMENT to come this came in the mail! Woohoo!

But holy crap this is a short single. So gonna knock it a point for being so sadly short. 

Basically the title track Louis is amazing and I really do like it. Unfortunately because it was so awesome and so good and so fun it made Grazioso and Gensou Trianon feel pretty lack luster. I suppose there is a reason why they're B sides but after listening to Louis these two just aren't up to snuff.

Grazioso is a nice song but it's way too short, barely over 2:00 minutes long just isn't enough. I am one of those people that prefer their songs to be at least a minimum of 3:30 minutes because anything shorter is just never satisfying. Gensou Trianon is a nice song but is pretty forgettable. About halfway through I am already hitting the back button to play Louis again. I guess just not as exciting as Louis but maybe because I'm still just so hooked to it right now. I really dig the instrumental version though.

Otherwise, it's a good release and a nice debut but the length is pretty disappointing. Looking forward to an album or a mini album or something with more than three songs.

I bought the regular edition and think the voiceless versions are definitely worth it.

Wasn't expecting any instrumental rock band to support him in this album specially when he suddenly change tracks and details on his material release. Plus he was suppose to have earlier cameback.

Because he came back on his indie record label I expect the quality of the recording wouldn't be high. But I was impressed how good the instrumental versions are. The only problem here is his voice seems to be overwhelming the music. Louis -enketsu no La Vie en Rose~ is really good, even if the guitar, bass and drum beats is not really emphasize. Kamijo had compose a powerful song with more neoclassical or symphonic element. Grazioso is short, sounds like a romantic movie soundtrack. Much more tone down compare to short songs he composes. Weird Gensou Trianon love the most. I like the simplicity of this song, I thought it was repeatitive but when I listen to voiceless version I was wrong. I was reading the reviews above me. I think some expect more of aggressive or metal element yet Kamijo give us more neoclassic flavor. It may sound boring for some but the notes and arrangement of the songs are really complex. I wasn't expecting much from him than I expected way too high for Jupiter. But he surpasses my expectations that I have for Jupiter (Laughs -sorry-) Kamijo need to find a skillful support band for his solo career, the neoclassical or symphonic is good enough what more if it has a good quality of bass, guitar and drums. It seems those sounds of band instrument that I hear is computerize? Guess, I have to wait for to have hard copy of the album to know. 8.9/10

I used to think differently before this release, but it seems to me that Kamijo's singing style in Versailles has taken its toll on his voice. His voice sounds somehow "tired". But that doesn't affect the quality of this release negatively anyway.

First thing to say....I LOVE THIS SINGLE!! *__* I'm so happy that he is back and I'm glad to hear his voice again!

Anyway, let's start with the review:

Louis 〜enketsu no La Vie En Rose〜: This is really an awesome song, reminds me of early Versailles, very symphonic. All in all I absolutely love this song. 10/10

Grazioso: A really short but nice song ^__^ I like that he sang some words in italian since I'm italian and I like it also because it sounds like a lullaby and it's not boring at all for me. So I'd give it a 8/10

Gensou Trianon: Another really good song from Kamijo and I like it very much, but not as the other 2 songs on this single, but still a good song. 7/10

So, all in all I'd give this single 8.5/10. A very awesome first release for Kamijo! :D

Guest Magatsu

I've finally checked the single and to me it's sounds a bit boring. because Imiss the real singing power. somehow I miss his power in his voice who he had. It sounds so empty.

I still have hopes that he grows with his next mini-album.

But for now I give this single.

4/10

I also really loved this single, it's given me hope for Kamijo's solo career. I hope his future releases are as good as this one, maybe even better. So far, Symphony of the Vampire is kinda average compared to this.

Louis - This totally fits Kamijo's sound, it sounds so badass~ The PV is amazing, and at the time, I didn't really know Kamijo all that good, so this was a really good first impression.

Grazioso - It was nice, and the length didn't really bother me that much. I liked the music box theme that went with it. ^^

Gensou Trianon - I like the sound of this one, very Jrock-ish. Sounds very beautiful.

Overwall, I really enjoyed this single. Although Symphony of the Vampire wasn't as memorable, I hope more of Kamijo's songs are more memorable like this one.

Sign in to follow this