Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

CROSSFAITH new album "APOCALYZE" release

Anyone know who is the girl who sings on several songs of APOCALYZE ?

It appears she is called Bianca Roman (as mentioned in a new review + Crossfaith's English ver. official site).

Overall, I wasnt that impressed with this album. I know they said they wanted to try something a little different but even though this album has a lot of energy, it doesnt have the same amount of rage and aggression as their previous album & EP.

I think there were a fair few people that were let down by this new release as it didnt live up to the same level as the previous album.

Im not saying the albums had to sound identical and while i cant hate on them for wanting to try something different, The reality of it is that its drawn a line and separated its fanbase - The group that loved the heavy breakdowns of the first album & EP and the group that like the 'weaker' & 'less raw' electronica side of Crossfaith. 

many people say that the new album grows on you with every listen, I've tried to listen to it a few times but i find myself reverting back to their previous releases. 

I'm not saying it was a mediocre release, but more of a love/hate thing. 

Theres no replay value with the new album and I was so obsessed with their previous releases. :(

Luckily ARTEMA's new album is delicious, While their sound is more or less unchanged since their first album it is a winning formula so why fix what aint broke?

^ gotta agree with you. I maybe gave the album a couple go's and then kept going back to ZION and their first full album. Scarlett, Counting Stars, and Death are the only things I keep replaying

I do remember them saying they wanted to create an album that is really brought to life live! I still enjoy a few songs from it every now and then though

I do remember them saying they wanted to create an album that is really brought to life live! I still enjoy a few songs from it every now and then though

IMO any half decent band/act can get the audience up on their feet. If they talk about it in the sense where they add more 'live' friendly features into their music like gang shouts/chanting then fair play but you dont need to do that - Just let the audience sing along and point the mic at them - give them a little encouragement.

You dont need a special album or special tracks to make it sound better live, just feed off the energy of the audience and go nuts. At least this is what I used to do when i played shows as part of a local band

^ It kind of sounds like you think they meant they made this album to get the audience rallied up and all. IMO, when they say it gets brought to life live, it's more of the album is good on record but once you take the songs live, they become bigger and stronger because of the energy behing them from the fans and members. It's not about "live friendly features" and such, just about how the audience and the band members mix together with the songs and create and atmosphere that makes these songs more powerful than on CD.

Jeezus, how do his drumheads last through the set? It looks like he goes extremely hard on them! No wonder he broke that drumstick in their Monolith PV

Sign in to follow this