Sign in to follow this  
ronluna

ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP (UFC)

UFC official website

The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is an American mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion company based in the United States that hosts most of the top-ranked fighters in the world and produces numerous events worldwide. The UFC has five weight-divisions and enforces the Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts. Dana White serves as the president of the UFC; Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta control its parent company, Zuffa, LLC.

Inspired by vale tudo tournaments in Brazil, the UFC and the sport of MMA have roots in the ancient Olympic combat sport of Pankration in 648 B.C. The UFC held its first competition in Denver, Colorado in 1993. Showcasing fighters of different disciplines�?including boxing, Brazilian jiu jitsu, wrestling, Muay Thai and other styles�?the UFC sought to identify the most effective martial art in a real fight. After a period of political backlash, the UFC gradually underwent reform by embracing stricter rules and achieving sanctioning with State Athletic Commissions.

With a cable-television deal and expansion into Canada, Europe, Australia the Middle East, Asia and new markets within the United States, the UFC as of 2010 has gained in popularity, along with greater mainstream-media coverage. As of 2010[update] viewers can access UFC programming on pay-per-view television in the U.S., Australia, New Zealand and Italy. UFC programming can also be found on Spike and Versus in the U.S., in the United Kingdom and Ireland on ESPN, as well as in over 130 countries and 20 different languages worldwide.

i watched it yesterday and saw him

Don't ask me. I don't know much about it. Recently started watching both of them. But you should start watching Pride if you didn't yet. But as with UFC it gets better after a while. The first years is good entertainment and all that but it all because a lot better later on.

I kinda stopped watching UFC now. Pride is owning the shit out of it! Fedor Vladimirovich Emelianenko must be the most brutal person EVER, with Mirko Filipović as #2. They both scare the shit out of me. They're so brutal it's sick! Gotta love it, though.

I just saw Gackt at the Pride: Critical Countdown 2004. No kidding! The mighty Hidehiko Yoshida was joking about not having too many friends, but he had one special friend and he was there today. Then he screams Gackt and you get to see Gackt a little later. Haha, never expected Gackt to wanna watch fighting such as this.

But he was.

The whole thing abut Pride is extremely interesting and impressive. The fights are mosty great, the whole arrangement tends to seem rather expensive and thought through, the commentators are great and have lots of soul, experience and humor. And the audience...60000 people watching. That's A LOT! God damn!

I hate more or less every single brazilian fighter, though. Annoying and boring people. Except for Giant Silva, he's awesome even though he's a horrible fighter.

pfc-gomi-takanori-belt_0611.jpg

Takanori Gomi is such a beast. Man, such an unbeliveable fighter. Fast, yet extremely hard punches. Aggressive as fuck. Not much of a grappler, but as of today it's nto like he have had to use it either. Un-fuckin-beliveable! He's a fucking beast. Sick!

Now I'm gonna see a fight between Kazushi Sakuraba and Ikushima "The Punk" Minowa. What do you do when two of your favourites meet? I'll be happy no matter who wins, as long as they put on a good show. But man, looking forward to that. Probably gonna be extremely entertaining do to both's odd and unorthodox fighting styles. Oh yeah!

I'm just watching older Pride clips, since Pride is hostory as far as I know. Sad but true. I still have nine episodes to go before I'm finished. Guess I must go back to UFC then.

Guys in hot pants kicking each other? UFC is pretty hot.

I just saw Gackt at the Pride: Critical Countdown 2004. No kidding! The mighty Hidehiko Yoshida was joking about not having too many friends, but he had one special friend and he was there today. Then he screams Gackt and you get to see Gackt a little later. Haha, never expected Gackt to wanna watch fighting such as this.

He trains/trained Jujitsu though didn't he.

Well I enjoy MMA, there's alot more variety then Boxing, PRIDE was great while it lasted.

Sign in to follow this