Sign in to follow this  
domestic_fucker666

[PUNK] The Misfits

fav album is Static Age. dont like the non-Danzig stuff.

If you like Misfits then check out Glenn Danzig's other project, Samhain. Its more punkish than Danzig but more aggressive than The misfits.

Two first albums is very good.

And how is Balzac just a rip-off of The Misfits? They don't have that much in common music-wise, so how can they be ripping off The Misfits?

Good question is good! Hehe

One of my all time favourite punk acts, if not the favourite. I'm obviously talkign about Danzig-era Misfits and not that abomination Misfits turned into after Danzing left. With Danzig Misfits didn't make a single song bellow amazing, but as soon as he left the band turned to utter shit fom day 1. Awful! I can't choose a favourite album. "Walk Amon Us" and "Earth A.D./Wolfs Blood" are equal, while "Static Age" is a bit bellow those. All three albums are 10/10 though, but that's quite obvious.

I'm also a huge fan of Sahain and Danzig's three-four first solo albums. It's hard to say this, as the man once was a God, but Danzig really lost it. Nowadays he's but a pathetic joke.

1. Misfits

2. Samhain

3. Danzig

And a recommendation for fans of Danzig-era Misfits would be Mourning Noise. It's pobably a bit obvious, but it seems that they're sadly underrated and overseen. Mourning Noise were a punk band from Lodi, New Jersey, the same place as Misfits. Their drummer, Steve Zing, lived close by Jerry Only from Misfit, and went to school with Jerry Only's brother Doyle. They're more or less a Misfits clone, and the best one there is.

Steve Zing would later join Danzig's Samhain and The Undead, as well as play bass live for Danzing.

Mourning Noise isn't as good as Danzig-era Misfits, but they aren't far behind. Brilliant band.

Heh, it's quite easy to hear their main influence.

Sign in to follow this