Sign in to follow this  
Augie1995

Mejibray- Emily review

While Sadisgate was a really good, strong single, Emily takes the cake. Loved this single very much and if they make more ballads, they should make them with this title track in mind!!!

Emily starts with a lovely piano intro that I love, we have some lovely verses (with what sounds like Sophia backing up a little), a really great chorus, and small guitar solos between Chorus-Verse. The main guitar solo was really something, especially since I have always loved MiA's guitar work so much!!

Thinker is sooooo good. Oh man, when they aren't trying to make the heaviest song they can or really intense, they should try to make more songs like this. There were still some screams in here but this song topped off any songs on their recent album without a doubt. Loved it.

Apocalypse...it's a remake, sounds darker. All in all still good.

I can just second everything above.

Apocalypse is basically nothing to me, but Thinker is really fucking stellar. Then there's Emily which is just a start to finish, epic, beautiful, masterpiece. Gorgeous ballad.

There's Emily which is just a start to finish, epic, beautiful, masterpiece. Gorgeous ballad. [2]

I wish Mejibray keep doin stuff like this, where you can actually listen to Tsuzuku's awesome voice and this must be one of the most awesome j rock ballads i have listened to after Royz - 蒼蓮花 >< Thinker and apocalypse werent necessary :P Emily would be more than enough ^^

I was really pleased with this single, especially after Sadisgate which, however much it grew on me over time, failed to match my initial expectations.

I was a bit afraid seeing that the title track here is a long ballad but it totally works, since it is not bogged down by overly heavy/distorted guitars but has quite a light feeling. Tsuzuku's singing and the guitar melodies really make this track stand out and not let it get boring. Next, -THINKER- is an awesome (if totally different) song showcasing the more energetic side of MEJIBRAY, fast pace, driving guitars and the usual catchy chorus. The occasional background shouts are a cool touch too, not something they've done so far (at least very rarely). Finally, I'm glad to say that the new version of APOCALYPSE didn't turn out as disastrous as the previous single's reworked track - on the contrary, it's quite nice actually, with all the tiny changed bits.

All in all, a strong and instantaneously captivating single by MEJIBRAY this time around; good job! I'd rate it 8.5/10.

Sign in to follow this