Sign in to follow this  
Guest MaddAdam

Blitz - Wish World Rainbow

TRACK ONE - Wish World Rainbow : I wasn't quite sure how I felt about this band upon seeing the preview~. The singer has a really nice voice. They've really gotten that sparkly sound down in this track. I really like the synths and the drums are pretty nice~. The song is over all pretty generic but they pull it off well. Honestly the song reminds me of a shit ton of other songs ahaha. It sounds nice and is catchy. 3.5/5

Track Two - スケルトンタウン : This is a really nice song. (Even though there is a rumor that the lead guitar part is a stolen riff~.) It really contrasts to the title track. It's very dark and heavy and the bass is really nice. It's actually a pretty sexy song that makes me want to dance. The singing, bass, and drums seem to be what really stand out for me in this band. The guitars are ok but I feel like they could be executed better. I like this song better than the title track. The synth and electronic elements of the song are also amazing. 3.5/5

Track Three - Stare : Wow I really don't like the guitars in this song. Seriously fuck them. The singer has a great voice. The drums are pretty great as well~. I dunno what to really say about the song ahaha. It has an alright break down in it. The electronic distorted screams are kind of lame and kind of take away from the song. So pretty much could've been a better track if the guitars were better. The song reminds me a lot of the generic "hard pop" tracks bands like ViViD do. 3.2/5

Overall, a pretty average band. They could get a lot better if their guitarists shape the fuck up. Seriously it's the only thing holding the band back from being great. Singer has a nice voice and he doesn't sound like he's forcing himself to sound cute like some of these Neo-Oshare-Visual vocalists. (AnCafe and Aicle and SuG being prime examples of try-too-hard cuteness.) They don't really do anything interesting in any of the songs but they really fit the generic formula well and if that's what you're looking for then you'd probably enjoy the band. Don't try and act like this band is doing anything new or innovative. They are conforming to the formula and it's everything you'd expect. Overall single: 3.5

Sign in to follow this