Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

The Korean Music Thread

A thread for discussing Korean music (not just K-pop) I’ve been meaning to get more into the Korean scene but I’ve been too lazy and don’t know where to start. I’m not really a fan of K-pop since to me it sounds just like mainstream western pop music and I highly dislike mainstream western pop music. Naturally there are some exceptions. I am open to any K-pop recommendation if it’s got an electronic influence to it .Like electro-pop, which I’m a sucker for.

The few Korean bands I do listen to are some of which the user’s here are surely already familiar with. Like Donawhale, Seo Taiji, or Nastyona. And for anybody who isn’t familiar with these bands, go listen to them now.

Donawhale - Echo

fS_gF49i4k8

Donawhale - Nana

L2Yh59KjjrE

Nastyona - Rumor

wBcxRLcxGh4

Seo Taiji - F.M Business

MYJgYEtrL_Y

I love HLIN to be honest. It's just sad they hardly have anything. Their songs always seem to capture me when they burst open.

fPWvtfEo5KQ

Kim Sarang too. Love his voice but he's hardly known anymore :/

ASDw0U0Bv2A

Ohh, I like this thread! I like Seo Taiji and Kim Sa Rang too, I remember he made some buzz with his first album, but I don't know what happened afterwards, he does seem pretty overlooked today.

Here are some of my favorite Korean bands at the moment:

The Pony (포니) - They started off as alternative/indie rock but they went into a more new wave influenced direction on their latest EP.

NfRVrw4pQW8

GOGOSTAR - They call their style disco punk and they're probably one of the most unique bands in South Korea right now, both in terms of sound and image.

FNGXiYvsp4M

Glen Check - Insanely catchy indie electro-pop with perfect English vocals.

2r4UnHQzGVg

Eloise (엘루이즈) - So far they've only released one EP, but I really like their music, hoping to hear more from them!

pjFUBABiqls

Aaaand I think that's enough for now.

Ohh, I like this thread! I like Seo Taiji and Kim Sa Rang too, I remember he made some buzz with his first album, but I don't know what happened afterwards, he does seem pretty overlooked today.

Sarang was working on a 4th album, but I'm not too sure about when it will be released. He had birthday gigs earlier on, and it was mentioned then. His last release is from 2009 or 2010 I think. A digital single.

btw, nice line-up of artists you have there :D

Oh, I like Glen Check they are pretty good.

I'm afraid I don't know many bands from the korean scene. I know a lot of hip-hop so if you want suggestions for Korean Hip-Hop I can help, but apart from that I can't really suggest anything.

Sarang was working on a 4th album, but I'm not too sure about when it will be released. He had birthday gigs earlier on, and it was mentioned then. His last release is from 2009 or 2010 I think. A digital single.

Oh, I see, that's good news, I hope we'll get to hear it soon, his last album was way back in 2007 if I remember correctly. I listened to all 3 of his albums, but I kinda lost track of him lately. So he had a "new" single, I'm gonna have to go hunt for that. :P

And thanks! :D

Oh, I see, that's good news, I hope we'll get to hear it soon, his last album was way back in 2007 if I remember correctly. I listened to all 3 of his albums, but I kinda lost track of him lately. So he had a "new" single, I'm gonna have to go hunt for that. :P

And thanks! :D

He had a new single, and a mini called "Behind the Melody" :)

Sign in to follow this