Sign in to follow this  
Heroin

Siouxsie and the Banshees

Lets see if you do not know Siouxsie and the Banshees you can go rape a cat or just search them up ;)

Hmm they started around the late 70's and ended some time later, which I do not know to be exact. They are from umm the United Kingdom and the rest you could wikipedia that shit.

I really dont care for the details of these wonderful people's lives, I just love there music!

Siouxsie of course is my favorite, oh I love her expression of her sexuality through the various pictures i've seen her.

So uhh any fans in this enchanted place?

Oh by the way my TOP 5 FAVORITE SONGS by Siouxsie and the Banshees are:

Painted Bird

Spellbound

Sweetist Chill

Arabian Nights

Christine

b6wxzm.jpg

I'm not quite sure why I never got to listen to much of them, even though I went through a whole post-punk/no-wave phase several years ago. Btw, was that them who did a soundtrack for Tim Burton's Batman movie?

I'm not quite sure why I never got to listen to much of them, even though I went through a whole post-punk/no-wave phase several years ago. Btw, was that them who did a soundtrack for Tim Burton's Batman movie?

Haven't seen that movie in a long time. Its pretty cool that a SatB song is in a movie.

I am big Siouxsie fan I love this band. I got into them after my horrible "Hardcoar Metal Goff Freak" phase, when the internet enlightened me about the existence of gothic rock and its post-punk/New Wave origins and opened me the world of awesome but mostly disbanded and totally forgotten bands.

I consider them to be a huge influence on my look and way of dressing up- I know people have disputes over Siouxsie and the Banshees connection with goths and the musical genre. I don't care, they are for me one of the predecessors of the genre and Siouxsie's look is wonderful and she is a role model for me.

Even more important the music, which is totally perfect. From their early energetical punk rock albums to their gloomy soundscapes in Juju and the wave guitars and arrangements and even the rather poppy albums of the later years this band always had their own sound and yet reinvented themselves with every new release. Though the very best in my opinion is Tinderbox. It's dark, gloomy and really defines the sound of dark post-punk music. I also think it is terribly underrated too... well, this whole band became a bit forgotten in the last years. It makes me a bit sad, especially when self proclaimed goths don't know them (sad enough that most of them never heard of post-punk music anyway...). But I wish Siouxsie and her former band would be recognised by pop culture and the mainstream of today- this band once had chart hits and were pretty popular.

Also abou the song in batman: I am not wrong, that Tim Burton was a die hard fan of them and asked the band if they make a song for his movie, am I?

This band was mesmerizing. Such dreamy and beautiful music... and what a voice. Love your choices for favorite songs too, Painted Bird and Arabian Knights are my favorites.

Sign in to follow this