Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

ScReW - 糜爛 -BIRAN-

I’m one of the people on this forum that actually likes screw. However, Biran was really disappointing. Out of the 12 tracks on the album there were 4-5 okay tracks, with DEEP SIX being the best of the bunch. I actually like the vocals on that single, and it’s got a tight guitar solo. The rest of the songs felt really uninspired and descended into typical heavy riffs and breakdowns. There were generic growls and the songs suffered from weak choruses and bad vocal delivery. (Or maybe I just don’t like Byou’s vocal technique.) From that group, I found nothing memorable or anything that I would come back to and play again.

My favorite song of the whole album is DEEP SIX. And to a lesser extent I liked Sakura no ame, daring driver and Jashin. I would have loved Styx just as much as DEEP SIX if not for another weak chorus and its horrid bridge.

It’s a 4/10 for me.

I like ScReW, and I must admit BIRAN was somewhat a disappointment.

There were either songs that were excessively heavy with immense growling or soft and lacking any riffs, however there is the odd gem, like The Abyss, Deep Six and Brainstorm that manage to find a balance between the two. Byou also uses quite a lot of English (or Engrish) in this album, so you have been warned. Although personally I find it cute. Also, on one of the songs (can't remember which) his voice goes really high, contrasting with the rest of the album which I didn't like at all.

I'd give it a 6/10

At first, the few listens I gave to it just pushed me away from them for some reason and I don't know why. But there's something about me, that's really weird, that all I need is to watch that band do something stupid in a comment or watch a PV or a making of just to suddenly have a burst of love towards them. I watched their comments on DUALITY and their comments on this album and the foolish things they did got me back into them in a way. I listened to the album and I like it. It's good and Byou's voice doesn't annoy me as much as it did. Mr favorites are: 桜の雨, The Abyss, Daring diver, Styx, 邪心に爛る子守唄, and UNWORLDLINESS KINGDOM

Sign in to follow this