Sign in to follow this  
Kaito-sama

Born - Vigour

BORN-702330.jpg

Vigour

Saw - I had my doubts about this band after the last few things ive heard of them, but compared to that, this is pretty good. The screaming seems to have gotten a bit worse though, it doesnt have the kind of impact id like. On the plus side, the instrumentation is great, nice start to this album. 7/10

Spiral Lie - Not too bad, a little too average to bring me back to it, but not something id want to change if it came on. Solid stuff so far, vocals are a tad dull though. 6.5/10

Jagan - Vocals are much better in this one, the pacing is pretty interesting, and it changes around enough to keep my attention. The chorus has a really nice impact on the rest of the song, probably one of the better tracks imo. 8/10

Bambina - Has this interesting swing feel to the riffs, the screaming still bugs me a little, cause I feel it couldve been done a little better. Not bad overall. 7/10

Face - A little slow paced for a Born song, but that makes it a little better imo. A little undecided on how I feel about this one, but I can't say its bad I suppose. The distorted solo one me over at the last minuet. 7.5/10

Touketsu - Pretty good ballad, love the solos, nice change of pace for the band. Wish I could hear this side of them a little more. 6.5/10

Grave Dancer Punish - Nice and catchy, love to hear energetic songs from any band. The chorus and vocals are awesome. 8/10

Gaga Sparking - The instrumentation is really nice, vocals are good too. This song makes a really nice atmosphere, hopefully born continues with kind of sound. 8/10

Jaggy - Nice hard rock sound, a bit heavier than most of this album. I personally have a bit of a soft spot for this kind of sound, thus my bias. 8.5/10

Gasp Code - Heavy, but with an interesting pacing/time signature. For once I approve of the screaming in a Born song(whats this?) but yeah..nice job guys. 9/10

BORN do not seem to be a band that I would enjoy listening to at all, but that is pretty cool album art. It's like VAMP's trademark lip, thing, mixed with Starfox 64.

This. That album art is boss.

I might try their album though if more people review it positively.

I thoughts was a pretty solid album. It certainly is better than their past releases an his it's really good moments. Since I'm used to hearing all these fast-paced songs from these guys, I absolutely love FACE and Touketsu, but the rest of the songs were pretty cool. Spiral lie, now that song had some Kifumi sickness to it after the solo and I loved, love those dirty bass sounds.

8/10

LONG REVIEW AHEAD. and as such, i've put it under a spoiler tag, as it turns out to be tl;dr. (_ _|||)

SAW

cool beginning to this song, how it starts off slowly and gradually builds up to the hard, fast-paced intro. i was expecting something a little more to it, though, as it doesn't get particularly impressive or engaging. the screams and growls are strange, to say the least. gotta agree with kaito, they definitely have gotten a little worse and just don't feel like they have any of the power they used to. i like the chorus a lot better, as ryouga shows off his range, and the drumming is overall quite cool.

Spiral Lie

as soon as this song begins, i am digging it. great guitars, bass, and drumming to make a great intro. the verses are great, and the screams are lot better than the previous track. i love how the chorus is done too, with ryouga's vocals overlapping each other. what else i really love about this song is that part before the second chorus, there was a really cool bassline. i also like how the ending is done, with the brief pauses every few bars.

邪眼

very different-sounding, right from the start. not a huge fan of that rapping, i liked it for a brief moment with the scream and fast drums that lead to a very BORN-esque... i want to call it a pre-chorus? unfortunately, the awesomeness does not last, and the singing itself sounds a little offkey, but maybe that's just what they were going for, but it sounded off to me. the rapping, i just can't stand it, and i keep hearing "harry potter" all over the song haha. obviously that is not what he's saying, but ryouga's engrish is very questionable. the real chorus gets much much better; love the melody to it, but not enough to love the whole song.

バンビーナ

tomo's drumming, yes please. i really don't know what ryouga is trying to do here though. all this screaming/growling/rapping (not exactly sure what to call it, it's kind of like a combination of the three) is just not that appealing. and is that scatting i hear? quite interesting, but i think i actually kind of like it. i love the swingy feel to it. on the other hand, a very lackluster chorus that paints me the epitome of indifference.

FACE

i like the slow, soft beginning. the guitars have this mysterious feel to it that gets me very intrigued. the vocals seem a little whiney-sounding though, just the way he sings those notes in the verses, and the melody gets a tad repetitive. cool effect with the guitar solo, as it puts an interesting spin on this slower song. the chorus isn't especially memorable, but i love the way it is sang, on two octaves. it has a fitting ending that blends in with the general mysterious atmosphere. overall, however, this song is a little too slow and boring for me, as it doesn't really go anywhere.

凍結

this song kicks off with this suspenseful sound, accompanied by fast ticking that make me anticipate an awesome explosion of instrumentals. what i expected and what i received was quite different but not necessarily in a bad way. the verses have this melancholy feel to it, and it fits in very nicely with that intro, except for perhaps the ticking because that throws listeners (well, at least me anyway) off a bit. the bridge's melody is just amazing, and builds up to an equally amazing chorus that is just a burst of emotion. add in the beautiful, solemn solo, and this definitely comes of my favorite tracks on this album.

Grave Dancer Punish

okay, as soon as this song began, it instantly reminded me of a certain other band that is known to be pure crack; it even sounds like the kind of title they would have. anyway, it is quite a different style for BORN, but i cannot deny its catchiness and even cuteness. this song took me by surprise, but i can see it really growing on me in the future...

Starting Grim

a short instrumental, not much to say about it. though actually, i really like the drumming in it.

GAGA SPARKING

i was looking forward to hearing this song the most when the tracklist was first revealed, because of the title, and i'm glad that something actually lived up to my expectations for once! and damn, that is an awesome intro, especially the bass. the guitar riffs during the verses keep at a good pace, and the vocals right before the chorus, absolutely loooving the melody of that part. definitely not a single part i can say i dislike about this song. and that "OW" at the end is a perfect addition that wraps it all up nicely. favorite track right there, yup.

Jaggy

i'll just start off by saying that i have rather mixed feelings about this song. on one hand, the instrumentals are quite heavy and awesome, but on the other hand, the melody just doesn't go anywhere. i need a solid, memorable chorus in a song to win me over, but this song just doesn't bring it. for me, it just feels like it stays at a very safe range throughout the entire track.

GASP CODE

maybe i'm just getting tired, but this entire song was rather dull for me. screams and growls, what else is new. just like the previous track, i do like the fast-paced and heavy instrumentals, but the vocals just aren't doing it for me. not that they're bad or anything, but i guess it just doesn't suit my tastes. was not impressed or excited with this song and kind of ended the album on a rather bad note for me.

overall, a lot of forgettable tracks on this album for me. i liked their first album much better, and honestly i think i'm starting to get less and less fond of BORN. they used to be one of my favorites, but their music just doesn't pack that awesome punch like it used to. i find myself getting bored of their songs, especially with the recent releases. there were some exceptions in this album, but on the whole, it feels like the tracks of which i'm indifferent to outweigh the others. feeling like quite the minority since it seems most people are digging this album haha, so maybe i just need to listen to it a few more times.

nuke, just so you know, you don't need to put reviews in a spoiler tag here :staru: . Since it is a review topic, it is to be expected that these posts are going to be long. Expose your rants and ramblings in all their glory, just like Zess does!

nuke, just so you know, you don't need to put reviews in a spoiler tag here :staru: . Since it is a review topic, it is to be expected that these posts are going to be long. Expose your rants and ramblings in all their glory, just like Zess does!

haha cool, will do for next time. (´-ω-`)

So I will also try to give this one an review.... sorry for my bad english trough....

1. Saw

pretty solid traack for me... its not bad I kinda like it... maybe should give it one more shot later 7/10

2. Spiral Lie

I allready liked the PV... but its sounds more clear now for me on the CD... the screamings are solid and the track has a good basement... can't say anything about it... could grow over me and get to a favourite....I also like the riffs....good one ! 8/10

3. 邪眼

the song starts little bit strange for that what I born used to know... but I like the refrain... can't say more about it... 6/10

4. バンビーナ

starts pretty cool... but is losing the jazzy flair after a few sconds... feels like allready heard before... 6/10

5. FACE

I simply love it !!! finally a song who is a little bit diffrent to the usual born stuff... definitly gonna put that on my Iphone 8/10

6. 凍結

was pretty chatchy.... I really gonna start to like this album... a solid one !!! also 8/10

7. Grave Dancer Punish

totally not my thing....booooring for me 4/10 xD

8. Starting Grim

was okay... nothing special... just a intro... in the middle of the album... don't know how to call it xD middro ? xD

9. No. 69

a typical born track...nothing special about that one... totally forgetable, but some riffs are kinda diry..and I like that >.> xD 7/10

10. GAGA SPARKING

Really solid track... good one... like I know born.... can bang my head to this one 9/10

11. Jaggy

this song is okay...but there is nothing special about it... 6.5/10

12.GASP CODE

I like the bass in this one... I putted big hopes into this one... don't know why... but it doesn't grow on me...7/10

13. Deep Affection

I am happy that I bought the regular edition trough... the song starts pretty cool for me and its goes on a bit calm...A site that I don't know well by born...

really nice track... maybe my favourite one in this album... gonna give it a 9/10

The Album wasn't bad... but its not the cool Indie born I was used to know... with creepy and katchy tracks n stuff... but yeah... bands have to grow...

I enjoyed the album... and will try it once again for sure ^^

I don't regret the money I spent for it~

over all a 7.5/10

Sign in to follow this