Sign in to follow this  
Number Girl

Number Girl's Best Album Picks of 2011

NG's Top 5 of 2011

Hello, everybody! ^____^ The year 2011 was full of so many awesome releases, in my opinion. However, I decided to dedicate this post to the releases that left the greatest impact on me. Listening to each of them takes me back to some memorable part of 2011.

Edit: Everything should be fixed now! ^___^ Sorry, I'm new to the Dropbox thing.

61lkpt-xiel-_sl500_aa300_.jpg?w=549

1. Cinema Staff - Cinema Staff

Sample Song: "Cockpit"

This album was the highlight of my summer. One of its defining characteristics is the variety of lovely, catchy guitar and vocal melodies. It contains Cinema Staff's usual blend of pop and post-rock. It's an instant candidate for multiple replays.

fm20110707l2a.jpg?w=549

2. Andymori - Kakumei

Sample Song: Peace

For what this album lacks in length, it makes up for in its youthful energy. It is an incredibly fun album that is also full of great pop melodies with a bit of an underlying punk sensibility. The new drummer Kenji certainly proves his abilities and I will enjoy hearing his drumming in future releases.

1107_anthem_heraldicdevice_cover_low.jpg?w=549

3. Anthem - Heraldic Device

Sample Song: Blind Alley

Japanese metal legends show that even after twenty-five years, they've still got it. For fans of classic style heavy/power metal, the album should not disappoint and for those unaware of the non-visual side of older Japanese metal it is an instant recommendation. It was totally worth the two year wait for its release.

1zqacdd.jpg

4. Boris - New Album

Sample Song: Black Original

Boris' new major/pop direction did not at all disappoint, despite their reputation as an experimental metal band. The album embodies a darker, seductive side of pop as opposed to the cheesy, cheap side that usually characterizes a band that has gone "poppy." Those who have strayed from Boris due to disliking their harder metal or drone releases may want to give this a spin. Strangely, out of their other releases, I found this to be the most enjoyable.

2vx3pz7.jpg

5. B'z - C'mon

Sample Song: Sayonara Kizudarake no Hibiyo

B'z never fail to make me happy; any year with a new B'z album released is a pretty darn good year. Good, easy listening pop-rock and ballads featuring Tak Matsumoto's Grammy award winning jazzy/groovy guitar playing and Koshi's emotion-filled voice.

You copied the wrong links for your mp3's. Zess did the same thing.

What makes you say so? Each link plays fine on my end and everything appears to be correct. :|

DLS might be right though... Have you put the files in the public folder? If you haven't, you can only listen to them when logged in =)

DLS might be right though... Have you put the files in the public folder? If you haven't, you can only listen to them when logged in =)

Ooooohhh!!! I see. Thanks for the clarification. My bad!

Sign in to follow this