Sign in to follow this  
fitear1590

Foxy Shazam

foxy-shazam--large-msg-126092569182.jpg

Anyone like them?

If you haven't listened to them yet, and you like high-energy experimental rock music, do yourself a favor and check them out. They don't take themselves too seriously and apparently have one of the funnest live shows ever. But with a name like "Foxy Shazam," what else would you expect?

Their sound can be divided into three fairly distinct eras, with each album.

With their first album, "The Flamingo Trigger" the played mostly loud, yet experimental "post hardcore" type stuff, featuring piano.

Here's some examples:

FOVJ2cWHOcA

CRz2A-jS73w

(Everyone loves the ridiculous breakdown)

The second album, "Introducing" toned down the loudness and showed off the piano a little more. The vocalist also "sings" a lot more and shows that he's very capable.

rcePPeM0RBc

sp0wbrzRghA

(Probably my favorite track by them)

Finally, with their recent third album, they've done another style change. They incorporated a LOT of new genres like glam, pop-rock, and even soul, along with an actual member that plays trumpet! It's hard to believe it's the same band as the one who did Flamingo Trigger, but most people seem to also enjoy this album as well. It's very fun, yet well-crafted pop music.

tg4CPaKzSUU

IuCd2LGju6I

Personally, I like all three albums. I'm not sure which one I like best, actually... Hopefully you guys can find at least one era that you like, if you haven't heard them before!

EDIT: I fixed all the youtube links, so they were embedded. Not sure why they were messed up in the first place.

When a friend asked me if I liked 'Foxy Shazam' I thought she was drunk; the name was too weird.

But, they're amazing.

I always think of Queen whenever I listen to them.

I just discovered them through youtube and I like what I have heard do far.

Edit:

I really like this song...

LpepXtayN0s

Yay, I'm glad you like them too, D.L.S!

Their second album Introducing (the album where that song is from) is probably a good starting point, since it's like the middle-ground of their loud, experimental side and their softer, funner side.

Yay, I'm glad you like them too, D.L.S!

Their second album Introducing (the album where that song is from) is probably a good starting point, since it's like the middle-ground of their loud, experimental side and their softer, funner side.

I liked Introducing so much that I can't explain how excited I was. I told my cousin "You HAVE to listen to this band!!" I'll definitely buy it if I can find in a store here.

Sign in to follow this