Sign in to follow this  
Merlin Coryell

US Distribution of X Japan, Concerto Moon, Sex Machineguns?

Various sites are claiming that there have been North American dist. deals signed that will market the new albums from these bands (hopefully more) to the US. However when I visit the label sites, I can find nothing thus far.

Anyone know anything more about this? It would be wonderful to be able to get these for fair market prices, instead of the 3-4x markup that are given to Import CD collections.

Anyone for a $18 copy of Savior Never Cry over a $60?! Yes please!

I thought Concerto Moon was available in the US? I've bought some metal CDs in the past and remember that there was an advertisement slipped in the booklet listing some of their CDs. Their CDs might be available online directly from the North American distributor. This was years ago though (about six-ish) so I could be totally wrong.

Doesn't X own a recording studio in the US?

Sex Machineguns recorded one of their albums in Texas but it's not available in the US :-S They also held a few unannounced random gigs in tiny hole in the wall venues while in Texas!

Honestly, I think it's kind of lavish and pointless to record in the US when you can do it easily in Japan. Does it even really make a difference?

Sign in to follow this