Sign in to follow this  
Merlin Coryell

Leave's Eyes/Atrocity

What? No love for the Leave's Eyes and Atrocity outfit?

:Umno: Unacceptable. You get 2 for the price of 1. Well, not really, but kinda.

Leave's Eyes is pretty straight up symphonic metal, all about Vikings. Classic beauty and the beast setup with Liv Kristine, and Alexander Krull. Live shows are amazing, no matter how small the venue, they bring it! Thorsten Bauer is one of the most understated guitarists on Earth, period.

Enter Atrocity, all the same guys, with less of Liv, and more aggression. Death/Prog and 80s covers? YES PLEASE! Their original stuff is entertaining, but its the Werk 80 albums that make them stand out. You havent heard Annie Lennox until youve heard her sung by a 6'3" German man with hair to his knees!

Just be warned, you will get hit by his sweaty hair if you are on the stage row, but you also get to collect Thorsten's shredded picks, and get wonderful looks at the corseted Liv! :devilwha:

I loved the older Atrocity Releases like "Todessehnsucht" and B.L.U.T which was the most superb and diverse Album they came up with. "Calling the Rain" and "Die Liebe" were nice in Terms of being understood as Experiments.

After that, Atrocity began to suck really bad, when "Willenkraft" was released. Ok, there were actually some storng Tracks on it like "Love is dead" but mainly, the Album was rather bad, compared to their former Releases. I don´t understand why they bother being a bad Industrial/Gothic Blah whatever Band. Their Strongspot is Death Metal. You can hear that clearly in Tracks like "Reich of Phenomena" (Atlantis Album). Doing the 80's Coverversion Album was a nice Idea, but they overdid it badly. "Werk 80 II" was redundant and the Coverversions are poorly executed. I rather keep listening to the Originals (just listen to the A-Ha Coverversion....yuck.)

Alex's long Hair or Livs Tits cannot save them from being plain boring.

Now thats where you are just plain wrong sir!

Her tits can do anything they want. And when she has them a foot from your face in a corset :DUUR: , its the best damn show youve ever seen, I dont care if their version of "Here Comes the Rain Again" makes you vomit blood!

I used to listen to Leave's Eyes, they were one of my favorites when I listened to more European symphonic metal bands.

Sign in to follow this