Sign in to follow this  
Augie1995

Nightmare- SLEEPER single (2011.9.07)

Well i thought this single was really good. My review? Here it goes

SLEEPER: This song was really great and the PV is also great. The song starts of nice and gets right into the chorus. After the chorus finished it gets into an acoustic part by Sakito that I swear is just beautiful. The song then progresses right back into the usual tempo as the start, the chorus somehow reminds me of VERMILION (This is most likely just me) but a bit more louder and faster but I still like it. Sakito's guitar solo is just pure gold just what i expect from Nightmare and Sakito. The way they end this song is just lovely and a great choice with an acoustic part, I absolutely love the song for this, it makes it more memorable of a song. The one part I disliked about this song was when the song slowed down after the solo and Yomi's voice got a little bit of distortion. I felt that was unnecessary and useless on Yomi. I give it 9.5/10

Star Spangled Breaker: This song didn't so it for me at the start because it sounds muffled at the beginning and it sounds like there's no emotions or feelings coming out of the members most of the time since it sounds calm. Finally when they start getting into the chorus it starts sounding better. The solo does it justice and makes up for it, however short. After the solo, the song does start getting better for me. It gives me a rainy day mood to and the ending is just as the rain stop and the sunlight bursts through cracks in the clouds :D I give this song an 8/10 for boring me at the beginning a bit.

Airisu- This song starts of pretty awesome if i do say so. Yomi's vocals sound muffled here as well but they aren't as bad and I actually like it. The chorus was nice, a bit catchy but nice. What surprised me was the solo coming in early. It's usually after the 2nd chorus but it was great nonetheless, Yomi then resumes singing the same way as the first verses bt the song starts gaining tempo and it gets more upbeat. I feel it sort of grabbed me with that. Honestly, i dislike songs that fade out unless the ending is in a way that suits but this just faded so i didn't really like that. 9/10 for the fade out :\

I liked this single, not as much as VERMILION but it was good. It had some parts that i didn't like but it was all in the b-sides, the a-side grabbed me more than the rest which is unusual for me. But, eh, to each his own

Not as good as Vermillion or a:Fantasia, but still cool.

SLEEPER > Really powerfull and catchy chorus, really nice pacing. We have not heard acoustic guitars from nightmare in a while and the interaction with the electric ones is cool and gives this son a sense of deepness. The disorted voice segment as well. The solo is good but not as great as in the previous singles. I would give this one 8.5/10

Star Spangled Breaker > the worst Nightmare song in a long time. Cheesy and effortless, lacks a climatic moment and punch in general. Underused bass and laughable guitar "solo". I can not believe Sakito composed this shit. Vocals almost save this song but is so badly composed and empty of emotion that I will not give it more than 3/10

Iris > great and pleasant surprise! Really interesting song. The percussion and vocals do an awesome work on this one. This song has a really nightmare (I mean the kind of dream no this band lol) feel to it. The interludes between choruses have a kind of sinister-ish tone. The chorus itself is like awaking and seeing everything is fine - it has a much brighter tone that highly contrasts the rest of the song but suits it at the same time. The solo is not great but has that extrange and dreamy sound that goes well with the song. Nice one 8.5

Overall I would give it something like 7 - 7.5/10 The second track is awful, but the other two are good stuff.

Sign in to follow this