Sign in to follow this  
Tony

THOMAS

600full-thomas-(visual-kei).jpg

Randomly downloaded their new releases after remembering I liked the demo with the old singer. These guys are pretty good - they feel like girugamesh when they were in their prime. They don't add much to the stock-standard VK sound, but their sound seems more intracate, like they pay attention to the small details of their songs & instruments instead of just slapping a downtuned riff or nu-metal bass line over everything.

Two favourite songs of theirs so far - "Pistol" and "Personality"

Wasn't too impressed with the "CRAZY DISCO" single though.

Anyone else liking them?

I like them, 涙色ラボラトリー is probably my favourite. Pistol and Personality are good too!

This. Gekijou Manifesto was also pretty decent. Haven't listened to new single yet, will do it asap.

I like everything they've released with their current vocalist, and that doesn't happend that often at all... i really can't come up with a song by them that i don't like :ninja:

I kinda overlooked these guys.. have heard a tiny bit of them every now and then but never truly listened. I gave them a try with their songs personality and their single crazy disco (I believe it's called that), and they were both fantastic. Will have to look into these guys more.

Loved the demo with syn on vocals.

The first few releases (up to Pistol) were also really good, Masataka's version of Namida Iro Laboratory maybe being even slightly better than the original.

Don't really care for anything after that tho.

Thomas is one of my favorite "newer" groups (can I consider them new?). Anyway, I really haven't been able to get into any band that has come about as of recent, but Thomas has kept me interested since they began. Somewhere between Gekijou and Crazy Disco I got a little tired, but I still like their music and I cannot wait for the new single to come out.

I was on their concert twice, they was really awesome even with their support bassist Hayato(he's pretty good bassist I didn't recognize the difference between songs played by Zun and Hayato, just little differences in style of strength) :3 and their fans are so polite :) 

Guest mitsubana

They're actually pretty good.~ Like them too.

Sign in to follow this