Sign in to follow this  
Kaleidoscope

New Gackt+D'espa covers & more//Kaleidoscope's Vocal Covers

Hey there, it's been a while since I posted my covers here but after a long absence I decided to use my youtube account again and share some of my stuff with you :)

I just finished sink by 9GOATS BLACK OUT today, the falsetto part was really hard.

Another more recent one is this one, everything before this is pretty old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryWbY4nsrRM

Comments and criticism are very much appreciated, so if you think I suck, please tell me. Although I'd prefer if you tell me why and how can I approve ;)

Hello, I started with the Sink cover first and it was pretty good. You're definitely a great singer and have a nice voice and I enjoyed listening. Also, Sink is a great song. You did a pretty good job with the falsetto part too by the way.

I then listened to the Sirenia one. It's interesting. Your voice is deeper here, but I like it too. The chorus was my favorite part when you two were singing together, it sounded great. The screaming was ok but could use some work. Conclusion: You're definitely a good singer and I'm sure you'd be a great vocalist for a band (if you're not already one lol)

Hey there, thank you very much for your feedback :) I'm glad you like my voice, that's a thing I always love to hear since many people say I have a weird voice. And yeah, I was pretty much at the very bottom of my range in the Sirenia song :D

Definitely agree that my screaming needs practice, imo they sound kind of... hollow. I'm only satisfied with the long scream after the bridge, but the rest could use some more power.

Yeah, I'd love to be in a band, but I just can't find one which fits my expectations. I tried one which covered mainstream rock songs (RHCP, The White Stripes etc.) but I'd prefer to do own songs and after that one I was in a punk rock band for a very short time, but I guess you can tell that my voice doesn't fit that kind of music at all :D

Well, I actually already did a new cover! It's Saishuu Ressha by MUCC in an acoustic version together with a friend of mine who plays the mandolin (he's normally a guitarist) we recorded in one take. Since it's really hard to get a perfect take, we just took one we thought to be decent, so there are a few slightly wrong notes and some stumbling regarding the lyrics. Anyway, hope you like our interpretation of this song! I apologize for my boring stageacting by the way :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhJeAsFJ ... ideo_title

Soothing, calm sound; I enjoyed that cover. The mandolin sounded great too. Saishuu Ressha is a great song btw.

I liked all of the new covers but sink is my favorite.. good job with that falsetto part! mm maybe the only thing that little bit bugs me is how you pronounce the "T" sounds but its only a minor flaw.. Keep up the good work and do some more covers! : D

Thanks for your feedback guys, glad you like some of my covers :)

@Jenovalism: I will pay special attention to the "t" in the future - I guess it's partly because I'm German and we pronounce consonants kind of harsh.

Well, I already got some more done. Not really flawless since I recorded them rather spontaneously, but I think the one by Versailles fits my voice somehow.

Versailles - Suzerain

Gary Jules - Mad World

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4nFTxO3 ... ideo_title

Very nice! I can't believe you've only been singing for 2 years. For that short amount of time you're very good and you will surely only get better and better. Very excited to hear more from you in the future. :)

Thank you very much, I'm glad someone's posting here :) Well, I started kind of late with singing, but it's really motivating if you say I'm good for the amount I've sung, I'm sure practicing a lot! I will certainly try to get much better, I'm not even half there where I want to be ;D Next cover will probably be a song by Rammstein and Guren by Gazette, maybe in between some D'espa and Versailles stuff since Hizumi and Kamijo have a style of singing which fits mine.

Since I've got a new microphone I recorded a new cover, this time with video - sorry for my bad stageacting, I have no experience in that area, I'll try to improve it though :D

atEXNAcjjFQ&feature=g-all-lik&context=G27a44ffFAAAAAAAARAA

I'm not sure if you can watch it since the GEMA banned it in some countries, but I guess it's only in Germany. Anyway, for those who can't watch it:

http://vimeo.com/34499780

Feedback would be appreciated very much!

Also, I uploaded the Ascendead Master cover which I used for the Karaoke Contest with a better instrumental for those who haven't heard it yet:

nFxDCtwPIEs&feature=g-upl&context=G214e7e2AUAAAAAAABAA

Well, not many people are writing here, but since I've got a new cover I will post it anyway :D

Some of you might remember my Trickster cover I used for the karaoke contest - I wasn't entirely satisfied with it so I decided to rerecord it with my new microphone. I would be very glad if some of you could give me their opinions :)

X41LQBPOKYk&feature=g-all-lik&context=G27deaaaFAAAAAAAAAAA

^ Good job! This is a very very nice cover. Moreover, I'm also impressed in the backing track. It sounds like you are not singing over HIZUMI's vocal.

Btw, your Japanese accent is good but if you can improve it a little, your singing will sound more like a native speaker's. Just my opinion.

Thank you very much both of you, I'm glad you liked it :)

@nostalgia.: I removed his voice with Adobe Audition and indeed it did a pretty good job, there are hardly any remains of HIZUMI's voice :o And you're right, I definitely have to work on my accent, I'll take some Japanese classes this year so I hope that will help!

I'm kind of active with vocal covers lately, so I already finished a new one :) I tried something entirely new for me, would be great if some if you could give me their opinion again!

hDmuKmofW7U&feature=g-all-lik&context=G27deaaaFAAAAAAAAAAA

I have no idea where the black frame around the video comes from by the way, it looks normal on my laptop.

I'll listen it in a while, I'm at school now. Very daring choice though, Adele is not very easy to cover.

I have to say I think you did a pretty good job, especially because your voice and singing style are completely different from Adele's :) I sometimes had a little difficulty with the English pronounciation (mostly accent, but that's hard to help to suppose). Very daring choice and nicely done. The only thing that sounds a bit akward is when the part comes "Rolling in the DEEEP", but that's because Adele sings that high and you keep the same tone. Overall: good job! Don't take my critique too seriously, I sing like shit xD

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it :) Don't worry, I always take critique seriously - it's not only about technique after all! Plus you're right with the "deep", I stayed in full voice there while Adele uses her head voice, sounds kind of awkward in my case since it's hard to sing such narrow vowels when it comes to the higher notes :D

Regarding the pronunciation: I'm studying English at university and I'm being trained in British accent, but I don't really concentrate on that when I sing so it may as well be possible that it doesn't work there xD

Anyway, thanks again for your feedback, it's always great when someone gives a detailed opinion.

Never checked out your covers, but gave a listen to the last one and I must say I am totally amazed, I loved it. You have a really nice voice and technique, I really envy you. Your cover even reasonates better with be more than the original since I prefer male voices, although you can not reach Adele's talent.

I will make sure I give a try to your previous recordings, my sincere congratulations and admiration, man.

I have heard the last one you did with Adele's, your vocal tone was not made for that song.

Maybe because the notes were too high for you.

It might work if you set the rhythm and the notes to the pace that your voice can take.

I said this because i heard too many off pitch, sorry to say.

Have you ever consider to cover a song with your own interpretation?

Maybe with guitar or piano or maracas, or even just an a capella?

That might work better than sing along to the original music.

Since every voice is unique, so one have to to how to handles them so it can shine.

Sorry if this sounds rough, i tried to be as helpful and honest as possible.

Oh i didn't know if you usually do this, but vocal warm up is crucial too.

Try it every time before you take vocals for recording.

And it will help to shape your voice to sounds fuller, and higher your range,

if you know what i mean.

Something like these for the simpler ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ_RwV52DMw

http://youtu.be/31MrCSM6a7I

Good luck :)

@madygrain: Thanks man, I really appreciate your compliments :) And you're right, I can't compare with her of course, I'd definitely say her voice is exceptional and very powerful - plus I started a bit too late with singing, I have only started with 18 unfortunately (I'm 20 now) :( Anyway, thanks again and I'm looking forward to some feedback on the older covers!

@Mister Svperstar: Thanks for your honest criticism, don't worry, I'm not angry at negative comments. It's definitely not my usual singing style, I guess it sounds strange to some people mainly because of that - I got pop/rock singing lessons for less than half a year and then began to take lessons in classical singing, I still mainly sing rock/metal songs though. The higher notes in this song are not a problem at all though (plus I changed the key to adjust the song to my voice), I can go much higher than that without any problems ;) Sounds probably a bit strained because of the "DEEP" bit sai mentioned, which I messed up a bit :D Plus I was sick when I recorded a cover, but I don't usually write that down when I post a song since it sounds like a lame excuse^^

Yeah, I'd love to do a bit more special covers of some songs, but unfortunately I don't really have the means for it, I only play the keyboard (rather mediocre). Could try a capella though.

As for the warm-ups: Yeah, since I took singing lessons I'm of course familiar with that, I warm up every time before I start to sing. I will look in some of these anyway since it's always nice to add some new warm-ups to my usual practice, so thanks :)

Would be great if you could check out my cover of Trickster by D'espairsRay by the way since that's the one which I personally like best!

I've checked out on few other of your videos.

My favourite one is the 9GBO one, Patrick Wolf and Mad World, it was... precised.

Just sounded so natural there. Trickster one is also pretty good.

Thank you for checking my other covers out, I'm glay you liked some :) Hehe, I somehow still like the 9GOATS one too very much, that song was really fun to sing. Might do "any" by them sometime^^

Sign in to follow this