Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Blink-182

i wonder if they ever make any joke songs anymore?

those were rude but so funnay + random.

Or if it is safe to say they have leave that behind for good now.

Their last full album, the self titled didn't have any,

so maybe they will follow the path with this upcoming album.

and i just finish with viewing the video, thanks for the heads up.

And yeah, it was cool. It's still rebellious and having some story line.

i really love the cinematography, how the pictures were taken, it was fab!

I'm not sure if they will ever put toilet humor back in their songs. Probably not. They still use to do it live. Saw them on their reunion tour and they had a good backforth play. Tom made a few dicks jokes and switched out some lyrics in favor of rude stuff. But I recently read they stopped doing that too. That they want to play songs like they should sound.

There's a contest now announced on their Facebook page concerning thier music video. You're suppose to pick a frame and explain why you likely. The winner will be user who gets the most likes on their chosen frame. They're giving away a signed rabbit and some other thing.

Their new album is also available for pre order on amazon. I don't really like the pricing for the normal edition. It's almost 15 bucks. Deluxe is 16. I'm going to wait to see other pre order offers and possible bundles. I'm getting thier deluxe edition so I suppose it doesn't matter.

That singers voice is just so annoying to me. ;__;

Going to go out on a limb and say you're talking about Tom. He has that effect on certain people for some reason. Particularly his vocals on earlier Blink albums like Chesire Cat or Dude Ranch. Or his work on Angels and Airwaves. Personally I never found it annoying, though his vocals and vocal technique did significantly improve with later albums. And I prefer his Blink Vocals or over AVA. He seems to be using a combination of the two on their upcoming album.

Another new single from their upcoming album was released today - After Midnight. It's got a nice intimate feel to it.

I think his finest moment is the nasal-whiny-emo vocals in "I Miss You". How could you not enjoy that?!

New album leaked earlier last week.

Opinions?

Sucks for the band, but I haven't heard it yet. I pre-ordered the special bundle that comes with the deluxe edition, a T-shirt and a mystery gift that ranges from silly things like stickers, Tom's used shoes, Travis' s broken cymbal. granola bars to really awesome stuff like autographed guitars and basses from the band and free unlimited Blink-182 concert tickets for life. It's only 20 bucks so I thought it was an awesome deal.

However I wouldn't be surprised if they made the bundle more enticing to offset the damage caused by the leak. I won't bother listening to the leaked version since I already ordered the CD, but from the reviews I've read the albums seems to be great.

haven't listened to it as well,

hell, I've waited for 6 years for this to happen,

to wait for 7 days more will not hurt at all.

Album is better than I expected. About half the songs are really good, the rest don't do anything for me.

Really? I find it incredible. A great follow-up to the late style of their self-titled.

Also, I have noticed many Box Car Racer elements.

So far, I only really dislike one or two tracks. (Probably a record for me)

I'm content with the new album.

If I listen to it more it'll probably grow on me, as I love Blink, but I'm so obsessed with Evanescence's new one that nothing else hold a candle... With the exception of the anticipation of Coldplay's and Florence and the Machine's new albums.

I'm so obsessed with Evanescence's new one that nothing else hold a candle... With the exception of the anticipation of Coldplay's and Florence and the Machine's new albums.

Those are your problems there.

But in all seriousness, give it another try. :)

I've been digesting the album for the last couple of days and I can say I am also content with it. It's not the awesomeness I was expecting but it's still great. It does seem like the natural progression from their last album. It was the first Blink album I wasn't instantly hooked by and I'm still iffy on the chorus for snake charmers and wishing well. Lyrically it is quite dark and musically the band succeeded in keeping their pop and experimental elements. Somehow I feel if they had worked together instead of separately and had a producer the end result would have been more cohesive. The heavier guitar parts in some songs have a boxcar racer feel to them while Tom's singing and the more atmospheric moments sound like Ava songs and something like Fighting the Gravity seems like it could be from +44. Yet in the end I think the album is a Blink-182 album.

My top songs at the moments have to be Natives, Up All Night, After Midnight, Hearts All Gone, Kaleidoscope, M.H 4.18.2011 and Fighting The Gravity.

On a side note, Travis's drumming really stood out for me. He had some really cool beats and rolls going on.

well, just purchase it last night.

So not hearing it more than once,

but first impressions was positive.

So will surely repeating push play.

And Travis is still being the backbone for their signature sounds,

i salute him for that. That consistency.

I don't know how they would sounds without it,

will be much more different i believe.

Anyway, will write more later.

^ I sort of thought that at first too, but the album really grew on me. Even the songs that I was a little iffy on won me over. And there was some evidence of more of their earlier work other than Heart's All gone. The main guitar riff for Natives for example sounds again like it could be from Dude Ranch.

Here's some awesome news to report. Not only is the band already working on their new album but they released a new EP called Dogs Eating Dogs a couple days of ago. Anybody Listen to it yet? It's awesome.

Blink 182 - Dogs Eating Dogs

AJwr0YtZ-I8

Absolutely love it. Can't stop listening to it. Not too sure why they are not on a major label anymore though and decided to self-release this. Did Neighborhoods not do well?

^ I think the label was expecting the album to do better. Sold more than 300,000 copies in total I believe. That's a good number considering the age we live in. It might have sold more if they had managed to keep the record under wraps and not have it leak 1-2 weeks before it's release date.

As to why the band left the label it probably had to do with creative control and deadlines. which can kill creativity if the band is just rushing to put out new material by a certain date. I'm supper impressed by the new EP though. They managed to write 5 new amazing songs, record them and mix them in like 6 weeks. And it sounds like Neighborhoods, but it's much more polished and cohesive.

Blink was a big part of my early teenage years.  I loved Dammit and the entire Enema of the State album.  Take Off Your Pants and Jacket was pretty good also, but I wasn't a huge fan of their stuff after that.  Still love listening to the old stuff sometimes!

Sign in to follow this