Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Blink-182

I think the new albums sounds great, and I think Matt Skiba fits in really well.  I think the production with John Feldmann is awesome, and it's great to hear them back more to their skate-punk roots.  Good Charlotte's new album is pretty awesome too, also produced by John.

Any thoughts on the new Deluxe Edition of California? I feel there's a bunch of good ideas, here, but I'm not sure if they were well executed, or given thought to become actual great music ("Hey I'm Sorry" is one of them, great intro, bridge, good vocal lines, but it really crashes during the chorus)... The only song I'm reeeeally digging so far is "Last Train Home", sounds TIGHT. I'll give a bit more spins before forming an opinion, but most of them is really forgettable so far...

Super late on this, but I thought the Deluxe version of California was miles better than the standard version. I loved the 2nd disc more than I did the official version and I thought it was a stronger album as well. I agree last train home is probably one of the highlights of the deluxe version. I actually really loved  Misery,  Hey I'm sorry, Don't mean Anything, Last Train Home  Wildfire, 6/8 and Bottom of the Ocean.

To me the deluxe version sounds more Blink 182. A good mix of punk-rock/ alt rock,  creativity and a variety of moods.  

Hadn't heard this dark Blink since their self titled. 

With regular California there was way too much feldman influence. The songs are trying way too hard to be catchy, and commercial. They lose that special blink soul. Too many nana's shoved in almost every song, no real memorable guitar riffs,  and kinda weak verses and choruses.  Another thing I didn't like was the way feldman pushed the band to write songs fast, which unfortunately shows way too much on the regular version because they don't sound worked out. I did enjoy some songs , like Bored To death, Sober, rabbit hole, and the only thing that matters. The only good  thing that stands out about the regular version was the production, which is probably the best the band has ever had.

It's shame the band couldn't have taken the best out of  both discs and put out an actually strong album.

I really wish the band had done more songs like this on the regular version. 

All i can say about another future blink album is please no more feldman. 

Sign in to follow this