Sign in to follow this  
Ito

Google Music

I figured this was just as appropriate forum as any to post this thread in.

So, who's got the google music beta and how are you liking? I am currently cramming mine full of tunes, it is gunna take forever to upload all of my music, though.

I am really enjoying the service though. I think that I am going to enjoy it even more once I use it at work though, I won't have to bring over all my music on a flash drive to put it on the computer or use my ipod. It shall be full of win. Now hopefully last.fm will make a scrobbler for it.

I know about Google music just know actually :lol:

I can get it, but i won't.

Looking at "free for limited of time" makes me feel icky.

I don't like the thought i have to pay something i wouldn't/may not use often.

So i will have to wait until the beta status becoming final version.

So what is it? Something like personal podcast?

Never heard of it before. Sounds cool, but it would take me forever and six years to upload my collection with my internet service . . .

Right now it is "invite only." You can request a invite for right now, I am kind of surprised I actually got in, to be honest.

I know that the beta is limited, but I honestly doubt when it goes official, google is gunna take away the privileges of the beta users, they have never done anything like that before.

I want it - I'm Google's bitch and use my Android phone as my main music player and can't wait for this to go live or I get a beta invite. I'm always swapping music on and off my phone and would be fantastic to be able to access my library any time when I am not at home. The only thing is I don't like the new updated music player for Android phones, it's a bit sluggish on mine. Not sure if this is a sign that my phone is getting dated! D:

we all want invites. but unlike how they did with gmail, only google can send out the invites.

still waiting on mine. boyfriend has his already. damnit.

sounds cool, but i don't want to go through the hassle of having to upload all of my music library. plus i just finished moving my music from my old computer to my new one, so im not up for another round anytime soon.

You have to apply for an invite from Google and just cross your fingers.

So far I like and don't like it - what I mostly don't like is the music player for Android, which is where I listen to 90% of my music. It's slow, it's ugly, it's buggy and it's slow slow slow slow slow. The Internet streaming function works great, no complaints about that and it's pretty awesome. However the shitty music player quickly ruins the whole experience. I can understand there might be a delay when trying to access a song over the network but listening to a song that is on my SD card? Seriously? Why does it have to take so long for it to start the song? Why does the app have to take me to my home screen when I try to go back to the menus? Or even stranger, when I hit back take me to Twitter? Why is it so hard to just scroll through artist names? Bleeeh, it's pretty frustrating to use.

I've always used the stock player that came with the OS but I think I'm going to start using Winamp until they improve the new player.

The web player is okay, some of my tags got screwy when uploading but that's to be expected since I use iTunes to tag and that's a whole new shit storm. There's a nifty third party Last.fm addon for Chrome and Firefox. However if you listen to crazy foreign music written in strange alien runes, which is pretty much everyone here it's not going to scrobble the songs correctly. So pretty useless if you listen to Japanese music :-(

tl;dr - Music player is shit, interface is ugly and slow but the streaming internet function works great.

^ Glad you mentioned about Japanese music. :/

I'm going to just store my music on ADrive. You can't stream, but free 50 GB storage for anything you want 'aint too bad. And it reads unicode/characters perfectly fine.

^ Glad you mentioned about Japanese music. :/

I'm going to just store my music on ADrive. You can't stream, but free 50 GB storage for anything you want 'aint too bad. And it reads unicode/characters perfectly fine.

It's just the Last.fm scrobbler from a third party developer that has problems with foreign languages. The Google Music player reads unicode/foreign characters fine but some stuff comes through wonky but I'm pretty sure it's from just bad tags on my end. About 85% of it uploaded fine with a few coming through funky, but it's usually from a 10 year old recycled MP3s from some no-name Kote Kei band with a bunch of crosses and umlauts in their name. :mrgreen: You can also edit and fix your tags once uploaded. :)

ahahahah, they invited me, though i never submit any.

Did anybody else having this? or Can i feel win?

screen caps:

ImageImage

may as well try it now, scanning music process atm, sigh :lol:

i had to stopped my upload at 50% lol

cos i was thinking if they going to upload all of my music library,

including files that i am not supposed to, you know, upload publicly.

And i still looking out if my page will be accessible by other users or just for me only.

Until then i haven;t upload some more music yet ahahah *awkward*

G music users can not invite others. G Music invite is only shared by Google Music Team.

Subscribe your email on the website and they will see what they can do for you.

Why not just get a Spotify account instead? :3

Spotify opened in the US this week so it's avaliabe in Scandinvia (SWE, NO, DK, FI), Germany, UK, France, Netherlands, Spain and USA

Spotify opened in the US this week so it's avaliabe in Scandinvia (SWE, NO, DK, FI), Germany, UK, France, Netherlands, Spain and USA

Not in Germany it isn't. And I doubt it will be anytime soon. The German Recording Rights Association is a particular nasty bitch. They're even blocking most youtube videos that were completely legally uploaded by labels in the US.

Sign in to follow this