CAT5

THE JAPANESE INDIE THREAD

Welp, some stuff here :):

Seems these girls have been around sometime already (not rly heard about them befor tho -.-...), it is nice :)

Also like these guys, really nice song by them here :)

Also nice and really potential kinda new band here, wouldn't be surprised if they were rly popular band in the future TBQH.

Welp, this band is ded already but wanted to share song bcuz it is rly good (also found about them only after disbandment, ul...)

I've seen the yonige trailer video, but the full vid seems like..... too boring

I am into J indie band not so long ago, first band was 凛として時雨, aquarifa, Itsue, Kinoko Teikoku, the female fronted band take my interest.

Anyway I am craving for female fronted J Indie bands, any recommendation?

The new MO'SOME song is gloriously weird and happy. Wasn't too crazy about the first mini-album, but I have really high hopes for the second one right now. 

-> New JinnyOops! PV is out... Ok, it's not really "indie" and has sort of a pop-punk flavor to it - but well, for in-between I still like this kind of stuff (you can call me simple-minded now :P)...

Stumbled upon this today. Gorgeous, what do you guys think?

The song's very cool, but geez, couldn't they find fitter t-shirts?

Uh, oh.. How could I have missed this, hope we haven't had it here already;

-> newest

-> older one, with first 1:30 minutes are a prelude - the "action" starts after that...

"amenimomakez" - Very nice stuff for my taste; Piano-Rock-Pop, female vocals (bit higher pitched but I don't mind), kind of faster pace... I like!  :)

It's nice to see Suck a Stew Dry getting to the point where they can have actual actors in their videos instead of Kosei just staring awkwardly into the camera all the time. The new song is really cute too.

Looks like all of the good/promising female-fronted indie bands are either going full-on pop or down the drain somehow:

Cö shu Nie seems to be the next in line:

It's not even "bad" for the sound they're going for, but I really do wonder why they'd change their sound into this kind of moe anime fodder, when there are already so many doujin and jpop acts that already sound like this. Maybe this is just a one-off?

what, so they changed the writing. Cö shu Nie to katakana? I have seen their live from youtube and awesome live:

So disappointed to indie band right now, they are going downhill because going major or just changed sound

yorunitokeru did an acoustic performance on their Twitcast today. The video quality is pretty bad, but it's free and cute, and they recorded it, so I'm not complaining.

http://us.twitcasting.tv/yorunitokeru_/movie/226313869

^The songs start around 5:55, 17:00, 34:50, 51:30, 1:09:55.

1. 地下室の夏 / Chikashitsu no natsu

2. プールサイドの幻 / Poolside no maboroshi

3. 寄生 / Kisei

4. a day u me

5. dilemma (only mine)

yorunitokeru did an acoustic performance on their Twitcast today. The video quality is pretty bad, but it's free and cute, and they recorded it, so I'm not complaining.

http://us.twitcasting.tv/yorunitokeru_/movie/226313869

^The songs start around 5:55, 17:00, 34:50, 51:30, 1:09:55.

1. 地下室の夏 / Chikashitsu no natsu

2. プールサイドの幻 / Poolside no maboroshi

3. 寄生 / Kisei

4. a day u me

5. dilemma (only mine)

arent they the same band that released a free album? :o they are so nice. thanks for sharing!

^Yep, that was them. For some reason all of the members of Suck a Stew Dry are really generous with things like live performances and demos.

Lots of bands seem to be getting into doing Twitcasts, but they're one of the few I can think of where the members actually do full performances and leave them recorded so you can watch them later.

Nice! Thanks for the Tempalay update, @seurong. I'll definitely need to check out their album. I'm pretty sure they are officially utilizing the love I have leftover from disappointment with 踊ってばかりの国's (odotte bakari no kuni) last two albums.

Here's some nice 2014 gems that I don't believe have been posted yet.

Ykiki Beat
Just a grand indie pop anthem and interestingly enough, the singer almost has a Scottish accent!

フレデリック (Frederic)

I know @violetchain has posted about them a little, but here's their best video. So fun!